Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chartbuster - anyone ever work there?

• 30-09-2004 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Righto.

Got a call from Chartbusters in Galway today and hopefully will be starting work there soon. Just wondering if anyone has ever worked for Chartbusters anywhere in Ireland?

If so - what are they like?

Good, bad, or indifferent stories accepted. Judges decision will be final

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I work in a Dublin branch. There ok to work for once you keep on the right side of the power that be. One of the funny things is that the managers go on little power-mad sprees sometimes, were they think their running Microsoft rather than a little video shop. All in all tho its a handy job just remember these 5 simple rules!

1) Once every customer walks away from the counter hide your hand from
    view, smile and give the finger! This will stop you actally calling
    them names to their faces.

2) Buy ear-plugs to prevent you going insane from "Chartbusters Radio" the
    the worlds worst digital instore music station - Where to this day
    their latest "Showbiz" gossip is still going on about David Blane suspended
    in this plastic box over london.

3) Slap every muppet who emerges bright pink from the Sun-Beds only to
    strole to the counter and complain "It wasnt hot enough"!

!!! ITS NOT THE HEAT THAT GIVES THE TAN !!!

4) The Customer Is NEVER Right!! If only i had a penny for every time
    someone uttered the words "I dont owe that!" or even better "I droped
    that back on time"

5) And Finally...... ALWAYS wear a bullet proof vest to work!
    If the Galway Branch is anything like my branch it will come in handy!

Other than that everything else can be sorted by handing over the number to head office.... Which i dont think acutally exists.

Enjoy your new job! ;)

PS: Dont break anything... It will NEVER get fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Nah but I had a mate who singlehandedly turned Swords branch from 24 hour to closing at ten. He used to get hammered in the pub and go in at all hours, strip naked and jump up on the counter with his lad in his hand, at that hour the people working would be in the back watching a movie, he calls for help and they walk out to find him starkers with an erect pork sword...

Most funny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

haha funny ****

Advertisement