Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking callers

Options
  • 30-09-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to block calls from specific numbers on a motorola v525? (the vodafone ones). Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I don't think you can on any model (other than international call barring). One way is to assign a "silent" ring tone to the number. You'll never hear the call and the caller will go straight to voice mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Dunno if it can be done on the phone your on about, but there is an application for phones with a Symbian OS to block specific numbers from calling you and to block private numbers, it just cancels the call before it even appears. Its called Blacklist i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea CelticWarrior is right.

As for others, the Sharp GX20 had an option to block callers who were not on your phone list. Stopped landlines from connecting to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

There is a program that is available for the 6600 and i have it, it is called Blacklist, does not allow certain calls through. You can either choose a specific person or you can just choose private numbers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

ok, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

this may be of assistance to you or others..

http://www.dublin2600.org/gsm-access-codes.html

Advertisement