Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topical

• 22-08-2000 9:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen Das Boot.....?

I have it on DVD...directors cut...remastered and stuff..

It's an incredible movie, over 3 hours long but has no problem holding your attention because the tension is excellent...

I just thought that what with the russian sub being in the news, it was a good time to watch it again....bloddy good film..

Don't even think about it...™
    www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's a great film anyway, but it reaches new heights on DVD majorly because of the soundtrack. On a decent TV or surround system the sound adds to the tension like you wouldn't beleive.

The ending is also one of the biggest bummers in film history in my opinion frown.gif it's logical and all but I was very upset after first time I saw it, and it still shakes me now.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

oh yeah...i forgot to add that you must watch it in german, with english subtitles....

regarding the ending....as they say...40,000 went out in u-boats....30,000 never came home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

AAA! I have seen the first 2 and a half hours! SHUT UP!

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Das Boot is a brilliant film, definitly Wolfgang Petersons best so far. I would also recommend watching it in German.

someday when i have a dvd player...

Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

While we're on the subject of submarines... Isn't U-571 coming to the cinemas here next week? I hear its rather good, but apart from the fact that its about a submarine, I don't know much about it.

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Brother saw it in America, saying, and i quote "f ucking brilliant".

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If I was there a week later I would have been able to see U-571... instead I saw Space Cowboys biggrin.gif

Advertisement