Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFA qualification

Options
  • 30-09-2004 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

My boss suggested to me that I might want to do this qualifcation (at the company's expense :D ) but I don't know that much about it. Has anyone on here done it and if so:

(a) Did you find it hard doing self-study rather than lectures
    (b) How tough was the level 1 exam
    (c) Do you think it was worthwhile - has it improved your job situation/ prospects?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

i havent done it myself, but know people who have. From what they have said, its take a lot of work, you do need to put the hours in (especially if your not used to self-paced study). they all passed level 1 first time, but like i said they were pretty committed to the course.

There are plenty of exam preparation lectures and stuff you can go to (if not here then definitely in the UK), i also think that the NCI in the iFSC offers a financial masters which is actually the CFA course..... so you get the CFA qualification and a masters at the same time, its pricey but if the company is paying for it, plus you get all the lctures and guidance and stuff like that.

They thought it was very worthwhile as it really makes you an expert and they have better prospects and earn a lot more money.

Advertisement