Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor ould' Colin Healy rebreaks his leg!

• 30-09-2004 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.safc.com/article.asp?article=228928&Title=More+injury+heartache+for+Healy&lid=Latest+News&sub=latest+news&navlid=news&sublid=
    Colin Healy has broken his leg for the second time in nine months.

The Sunderland midfielder suffered the crushing blow in training this morning, just a week after rejoining Mick McCarthy's squad on a day-to-day basis following a long injury lay-off.

It happened as Healy joined in a first-team training session but was not the result of a challenge or tackle. X-rays at lunchtime confirmed that the double break is in the same place as the original injury.

Mick McCarthy said: "I'm absolutely as sick as I could be for Colin and of course we'll do whatever it takes to help him through this."

The 25-year-old has been out of action since December when he badly fractured the lower part of his right leg in Sunderland's game at Coventry last season.

It is an upsetting and luckless setback for the former Celtic man who was close to making a playing return after working hard to recover from the initial double fracture.

The first break happened as a result of a bad tackle by Coventry's Youssef Safri, who moved to Norwich in the summer.
    I really feel so sorry for him. I doubt he'll ever be the same again now that he'll be 18-20 months without kicking a ball (other than a week or two in between).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Jesus poor guy wonder will he just pack it in now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

another keith o' neill :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Really tough break (no pun intended).
    particularly after the Saipan incident where he was so badly treated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I'm only gutted for Healy. I cant belive it. I was wondering when we would see him this season for Sunderland and now this happens. First he gets a call for McCarthy saying your in the squad for the World Cup and then he isnt. then he breaks his leg and misses the hole friendlys and the start of the World Cup quilifiers, and now he will be out for another year.

I cant see Sunderland re-newing his contract at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Tis is a shame! though he wud be the player to replace Keane! hopefully he will be back soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Thats a real sickner. Remember his debut for Ireland around 3 years ago at Lansdown against Russia I think it was, every tackle he made was excellent and his general performance was better, hard to believe thats going to be the peak of his career !!! Promised so much but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i just hope its not another young talent wasted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bizarrely, I heard today from a work colleague who is from Sunderland that the talk in Sunderland is that the tackle in question was made by Mick McCarthy!

Not saying that it was in any way malicious, but it really adds insult to injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bizarrely, I heard today from a work colleague who is from Sunderland that the talk in Sunderland is that the tackle in question was made by Mick McCarthy!

Not saying that it was in any way malicious, but it really adds insult to injury.

Yeah heard this but McCarthy has come out and said it wasnt him and he just went over on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah heard this but McCarthy has come out and said it wasnt him and he just went over on it!

So McCarthy did break his leg :eek: .
    Tis a shame alright , I remember the origional challenge that broke his leg , it was dreadful .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Big Nelly wrote:

well the very fact he has to deny it says a lot really.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roar wrote:
    well the very fact he has to deny it says a lot really.....
    Why is that? He got asked a question and gave an answer. He had 3 choices, say Colin broke his leg in a tackle with him, tell the reporter to skip the question or say he had nothing to do with Healy's break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

"So Mick why didn't ya get me over to Saipan quickly enough?"

"I told ya Colin leave it!!"

CRACK !!!!

"Arrrghh"

"Whoops!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I heard that the leg was broken in a challenge with Mick in training and that it broke in exactly the same place as it previously did. It sounds like it was not properly healed. If that is true it could have serious consequences on colins chances of ever playing football professionally again

Advertisement