Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing new band, Subscene coming to town

Options
  • 30-09-2004 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

o my god if you got any brains at all you will go and see this new band playing in underworld in camden london on the 19th of oct there called SUBSCENE and if you fancy taking a listen to them before you go see them you can goto

http://www.subscenemusic.com

another mockingbird mutox
    regards
    The Mockingbird :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

o my god if you got any brains at all you will go and see this new band playing in underworld in camden london on the 19th of oct there called SUBSCENE and if you fancy taking a listen to them before you go see them you can goto

when you say "coming to town..." erm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Ha ha! Brilliant!

Come on, lets all go to London, or else it will seem we have no brains at all! We don't want them uppitty Brits to be thinking we're all a pack of bog-brained Murphys.

Or maybe they meant "coming to a town"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mockingbird

it seems very irish that you guys would just pic up on a small thing in the grammer of the message rather than the actual mesage or would it just be that you've nothing else to do other than slag off your own

but it's ok, it was to be expected anyway

Em, well, its not so such thats its a 'small thing in the grammer of the message', but more of a 'Hmm, a plug for a band that are playing in London, on an Irish radio message board thing'. A country is a pretty big thing to get wrong....

By the way, my new band , 'Paul Battleship and his marching navy band' are playing in Kajjibacstan on tuesday, you might be though of as a total fool if you missed it.

Man, I like italics.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

heh... I'm not slagging, just thought it was funny that you tried to promote a band (which is fine because a lot of posts of recent on this particular forum do that very thing anyway) by advertisting a gig of theirs in London. If you wanted to promote the band, just advertise their website. In all honesty, were you really suggesting that people should travel to london to see a band they never heard?

I only bothered to reply here again because you dismissed myself and Wir_Sind_Helden's reply by simply calling them 'very irish'. That's just arrogant, and lazy. I've nothing against this band, in fact I visited their website when you posted this topic originally and listened to some mp3 clips and had a wee browse. Noticed that you're a registered user on thie message board too... and would I be right in saying, a member of the band?

Good luck with the gigs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mockingbird

To suggest that people travel to London was not my intention, nor was it prudent to generalise with my comments, I was merely trying to create awareness bout the band and had used the same message for many forum both in England and Ireland, again I am sorry and to “ dead air” and “wir sind halden” I do appreciate the time you took having a look at the web page

Ahem...

Its 'Wir Sind Helden'. 'Wir Sind Halden' means 'We are waste dumps' ;)

Still, no offence taken mate, no need to say sorry. In fact it would be better if you had said " Hey, up yours buddy, you can go to hell in a handcart driven by a dyslexic monkey with herpes". It would have been more rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pBradley

Dear Mockingbird,
    :D Admire the ambition. I Checked out the site. Pretty cool stuff. Tunes were excellent. Sounds different. emailed some friends at college in dear old London. Said they might check it out ;) Good look with it. Rock on
    All the best, Pete

Advertisement