Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Download Allowance WebTool + Irish Broandband

• 30-09-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hey, I seen a few posts on other irish sites and message boards about people who's not to sure if their over the download allowance or how much download they have left. Well if your a eircom customer you can check at dsl-support.eircom.net

I used to be a eircom customer but was having a few problems and was thinking of changing. Once the whole "HomeServer" issue started it was the final straw and i changed to Irish Broadband and i find it much better because its a symmetric connection (512k up and down) and opposed to eircom's asymmetric (512k Download 128k Upload). Anyway 1 one my 2 questions is why is eircoms connection called a DSL connection instread of ADSL after all is is a asymmetric connection?

Second, Irish broadband was due to launch 3 new high-sites and they were listed on their site as "Areas coming soon" but now they've vanished?!?
    I seen the sites getting built and if i look out my window i can still see it, Yet irish broadband still say its not up and running yet and it's gone from their website?!? It was tested a few times by irish broadband cos i have some equipment that picked up the signal. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the high site in bray is up but not listed on their site but numereous people are on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

why is eircoms connection called a DSL connection instread of ADSL after all is is a asymmetric connection?

Well ADSL is a type of DSL, and given that eircom sell/resell RADSL and ADSL, I'm guessing they chose to use the more generic term DSL. Most people call any DSL offering DSL, as do most xDSL resellers, so I think its reasonalbe to let eircom off with that one (and just that, mind!!)

.cg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Undercover guy - which sites?

Maybe cause Eircom offer different types of Dsl or alot of people jsut refer to Adsl as dsl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Second, Irish broadband was due to launch 3 new high-sites and they were listed on their site as "Areas coming soon" but now they've vanished?!?
    Their site seems to get updated extremely slowly, so if you're waiting for one of those towers, your best bet is to ring em. If they say "4 weeks", they really mean "we don\t know, try back in a few months". Its the technical lingo they use :p

Advertisement