Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help needed with ihp140

Options
  • 30-09-2004 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

hiya,
    i just got an iriver ihp140 and cant for the life of me figure out how the hell you transfer your cd's onto it apart from recording them straight off the stereo.
    i have a windows 98 laptop with real player and winamp.iv tried copying them straight across and allit transfers is the link to the cd.
    can somebody please give me some advice, im leaving the country for a year in 5 days and i would like to have this working before i go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

emm....Are you serious ? Have you ripped the songs off the cds first ? If not do so..then just drag and drop onto the IHP which appears as a new drive in "my computer "

Couldnt be easier !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Tusky wrote:
    emm....Are you serious ?

Of course he/she is, not everyone on earth is techsavvy !!

Peeps I know you said windows 98 but the link below , while it applies to XP, should give you an idea about whats required to get songs to the device. My usual mantra here is RTFM (Read The F'n Manual) also try any help files on the installation CD that came with the device.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/drm/wmp.aspx

If there is anything you're not sure of just shout here and we'll try to help.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 peeps

yes i was serious!
    i had tried ripping the cds using the applications that i had on my laptop and that dident seem to work and i did read the manual, a few times actually.
    thanks for that link though the info there wasent in the manual.
    any more problems i'll let you know.
    ta.

Advertisement