Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Enquiry

Options
  • 30-09-2004 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Back in the dark days, i managed to get my tag "Fast Newbie" changed to "slooow newbie" by the gracious administrators of boards.ie. I have seen some user who have different tags tghen "registered user". I was wondering could i get the "registered user" changed to "slow poster" or something similiar for myself?

Thanks in advanced
    roar_ie
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You'd be needing a subscriber pack sir.

Which are currently unavailable afaik. The people with different personalised tags all paid cashola for it. 50e for a year or 5er a month.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The subscriber stuff will be coming back soon. Amongst the options will be to buy just the ability to change a tagline (I think its like 10 Euro for the year). Keep a watch out.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Man you suck at marketing.

Coming soon....

From the people who brought you everything.. prepare to get... MORE!

Yes that's right folks. Those crazy guys at boards.ie are going MAD WITH FUTURE GADGETS! In the past you had buy the WHOLE PACKAGE using AWKWARD PAYMENT METHODS but in the new, brighter, faster, HARDER, longer world brought to us by THE MIRACLE OF THAT IS VBULLETIN 3! you will soon be your very own COMMANDER OF ULTIMATE CHOICE!

Let me just talk a quick gulp of oxygen here folks, it's hard for a man of my age to BE SO DAMN EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE WITHOUT AN OXYGEN TANK!

You'll have THE POWER TO CHOOSE which of the DELIGHTFUL PACKAGES those wacky cocaine snorting hooker riding SUPERFUN GUYS at boards.ie HAVE PLUCKED OUT OF THEIR LCD FRAZZLED MINDS to bring to you, our beloved rich AND/OR terminally addicted users.

HOT DAMN! But despite my in-depth hidden knowledge of these forthcoming RELIGIOUSLY SIGNIFICANT ARTIFACTS which, to rob a famous webcomic for a line, will POUR HOT JOY DOWN YOUR RECTUM, I cannot reveal what exactly these JUICY HOT DEALS will be. You'll just have to wait for SUPERFUN HAPPY BONUS PACKAGE DAY! HAIL IKTHOR!

Coming soon to a webbrowser near you. Rated "SUPERJOY". This production financed in part by the HAIL IKTHOR Hivemind. amp recommends Firefox for a cleaner, smoother, easier browsing experience. Fuck the RIAA/MPA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

amp wrote:
    Man you suck at marketing.

Coming soon....

<snip>

quiteenough.jpg

grahamava.jpg

Yes! That's right! YOU TWO COULD HAVE A MONTY PYTHON AVATAR! Be the wit of your forum as you WALK AROUND STRANGELY pointing at your avatar while saying FLIBALIBALIB. Compare cheese shop routines while feeling COMPLETELY SUPERIOR to all the non custom avatar wearing FREAKS while they drool on your shoes in paralized jealous rages.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! You'll get the chance to fit some funny or HAIL IKTHOR into your tag line. Neatly centred below your optional custom AVATAR OF JOY it can either compliment or contrast THE WONDER THAT IS OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING neatly.

Of course boards.ie wouldn't be the GOAT SACRAFICING PYSCHOPATHS THAT KILL WITH A SINGLE GLAZE without giving you, the valued golden sheep a little more honey. THAT'S RIGHT HONEY'S! DA JOURNAL BE IN DA HOUSE! And it be all about the bling. Hell yeah. Dey bring it large.

We're talking about a portal between YOUR BRANE AND THE WORLD HERE! A portal that you can customise only SLIGHTLY LESS HARDER THAN POSTING A POST LIKE THIS! A gateway in which you can pour whatever you choose into it. WITHOUT ANY MODERATORS!* SAY WHAT THE HELL YOU LIKE! ** BE WHOEVER YOU WANT TO BE!***

In simple laymans terms, the ipod has nothing on this shizzle, you know that all the cool people have journals, only people who get laid could possibly vent enough to write a journal. Don't you want to get laid?

Jesus may be four years late, but the new journals are right on time.

Of course you think that's it. That's all. El fin. BUT NO! THERE'S STILL MORE CHOOSINGS TO CHOOSE FROM! GET DOWN ON YOUR PATHETHIC MORTAL KNEES AND PAY HUMBER REVERENCE TO IKTHOR AND THE 2D PARADISE OF THE PHOTOPOST. Lovingly incased in a complex but featureful software cocoon it will bring the best kind of joy there is yet. The joy of enforced slideshow parties HAS HAD INTERCOURSE WITH THE POWER OF THE INTERWEB TO BRING YOU THE JOY of publishing pictures of you and your mates when your drunk and look LIKE COMPLETE TOSSERS!

Lesser joys include sharing pictures in in-expensive ways with close members of families in a kind of communal heaven that Karl Marx could not have fantasized long enough to fapped to. Deep. Communual. Joy.

PAY NO MONEY NOW! OUR HARDWORKING[edit by Q]law abiding, mostly non-smoking[/edit] ING ADMINS are still hard at labour, tweaking, hax0ring, cloning and fondling, ever fondling, THESE ITEMS OF EXTREMELY HIGHLY DANDEROUSLY JOYFUL PACKAGES but when they're complete, you won't just read it, you'll feel it, you'll smell it, you'll hear it in the pub, you'll begin to find yourself getting very very happy and you'll reach into your pocket and pay the nice man while looking at this:
    paytheniceman.gif

When you awake you will remember nothing except tell your spouse/parents/robot overlord you spent the money on donkey pr0n.

*No moderators, just Admins
    **Terms and conditions apply
    ***Within the limits of social integration, self-survival and most of the laws of physics
    ****There was no fourth thing marked with asterisks. What the hell is going on in this post? Where's my agent? Is this thing is still...

Warning: This post may induce headaches to those who are not suseptable to brainwashing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

My brain hurts.

It's mostly your fault amp :(

Dunno what you're talking about Moriarty, I just have this urge to pay the nice man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

amp wrote:
    Dunno what you're talking about Moriarty, I just have this urge to pay the nice man.
    x-click-but04.gif

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

x-click-but04.gif
    I keep clicking and clicking and nothing's happening. Fix it, quick! I want to pay the nice man...

drool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

On another note, where did those Newbie, Fast Newbie, Cool Newbie, Crazy Poster, Freak, No Life tags go to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement