Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java 1.5, er, 5.0 released

Options
  • 30-09-2004 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

At last Tiger is upon us...

Working to bring a lot more convinence to certain aspects of Java, the language features look like you might expect as the language moves closer and closer to C++ all the time. I've been looking forward to this for some time, so it looks like its time to start reading up more on the uses of the new features!

Available to download here. And now I wait for EE to incorporate the 5.0 JDK...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Its fast! swing apps run a lot smoother. I tried it with jEdit and Eclipse on my Athlon 1.3G/256MB system last night

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭HaVoC

All "Object" based class's are changed ie vector,lists,hash's and the like, you have to specfic what ur putting into them via the new generics feature. Will still compile tho just give u warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I like the new look and feel. It brings a bit of color to the GUI. Makes it more modern looking.

Advertisement