Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds sh!tt!ing on clothes on the clothesline

• 30-09-2004 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

One night was about to head out and I had a favourite pair of jean but they were covered in bird sh!te. Question whats the best way to prevent it. I tied a plastic bag to the clothesline to scare them off as the bag rattles in the wind , the other option is my friend , his air rifle and a couple of cans ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

A few old CDs should do the trick

http://www.ehow.com/how_4589_scare-away-birds.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Aww I thought it was going to be a link to CDs of 'cat noises'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Try a few Daniel O'Donnell CDs, although that is probably unfair on the poor birds, although it might encourage them to do something on him! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Get a cat. also if you have dogs feed them indoors as apposed to putting food out for them.

Someone I know had a next door neighbour with a pigeon loft. the pigeons were crapping everywhere so she got a cat. problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Birds tend to crap from the air, where no cat can reach them.

Get a hawk then.... or some kind of predator bird that will eat all those little ones.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Next thread: How to clean hawkshít off jeans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A bird did a sh1t on my mates head once, costed him 50euro over in amsterdam, she was grand looking too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

lol that so sick its funny

Birds tend to crap from the air, where no cat can reach them.

what goes up must come down. the little bastard has to land sometime and when it does got help it.

well as for the story with the pigeon loft, no pigeons = no ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

woooooooooorst ever.

I was bout 10. I had an apple out my back garden. I was eating and a big load of birds flew by in the air. I played the kiddy "Take cover, birds coming" joke, and nicely put my apple in my pocket, but i was wearing jeans, and it only fitted in half way. A bird sh*t fell onto the apple. i kid you not. RIGHT onto the apple. I never caught that bird, but oh if i do. RIGHT ONTO THE APPLE!

grr..

no pigeons = no sh_t

no sh_t!

Isnt it supposed to be good luck if a birs craps on you, in the long term of course, in the short term its not so good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

rubadub wrote:
    A bird did a sh1t on my mates head once, costed him 50euro over in amsterdam, she was grand looking too
    Everybody give this man Karma...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

that had me laughing !

Advertisement