Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uv tattoos?

Options
  • 30-09-2004 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone know if you can get uv ink tattoos done in Dublin, I want a tattoo on my arm but it can't be visible for work and i've seen white ink ones but would rather something different.
    Any info or help most appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

This sounds intresting..
    so the tatoo only shows up when in a club with a UV light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

sounds a bit cheap and tacky to me sorry!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Naa its anything but cheap and tacky,
    ive seen a pic of these tattoos and they look really really cool,
    i dont know any place that does them in dublin but i'll be keeping my eye on this thread to find out and get one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Hi Madeline I think the best job would be to go into the shops and ask them whether or not they do the UV tattoos, I have seen some too and they look pretty cool.
    http://www.blacklight-tattoo-ink.com/

There seems to be a bit of debate about the safety/sense of having glow in the dark inks in your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I wouldnt get it done ive read too many bad things about the ink degrading and the likes.

I wouldnt imagine any place in Dublin does it as standard so it would probably cost alot more if they needed to get the ink in and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The ink they use in those tattoos is untested and unapproved by the FDA in the USA so I wouldn/t go NEAR it. A *lot* of people have allergic reactions to the ink...and once it's under your skin it's there pretty much forever so if you react to it it'll turn into a mess.

eth0_ wrote:
    The ink they use in those tattoos is untested and unapproved by the FDA in the USA so I wouldn/t go NEAR it. A *lot* of people have allergic reactions to the ink...and once it's under your skin it's there pretty much forever so if you react to it it'll turn into a mess.

Not 100% true, apparently they are approved for marking animals for tracking or something in catch and release programs. This is how some people were able to claim FDA approval even though the actual purpose was different and hence not covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

well, then let's try it out on a stray cat and see if it starts scratching itself, hehehe ;)

Gilgamesh wrote:
    well, then let's try it out on a stray cat and see if it starts scratching itself, hehehe ;)

If that's the best comment you can make, please don't comment here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

If you look at pictures of UV ink under normal light, it looks a mucky brown colour. Apparently some places use boiled down UV poster pain to make the stuff

FAQ from:
    http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/bodyart/tattoo-faq/part8.html

Subject: INK COLORS

ARE THERE GLOW-IN-THE-DARK INKS OR FLUORESCENT INKS?

Fluorescent ink is not the same as glow-in-the-dark ink. Fluorescent
    inks glow under ultraviolet light. Phosphorescents glow after being
    exposed to light, and glow-in-the-dark things that glow without any
    outside stimulus are almost unknown.

There are *no* glow-in-the dark inks.

There are *no* phosphorescent inks.

For a brief time around 1991, some tattoo artists experimented with
    fluorescent inks that glow under UV light. At the time, it was
    thought that these could be used to make tattoos that would only be
    visible under UV light. As it turned out, these inks did not perform
    as expected. They were not invisible under normal light, and in some
    cases turned brown. At the same time, many people reported skin
    irritation problems. As a result, we are not currently aware of any
    tattoo artists still using these inks.

UV FAQ:
    http://www.bmezine.com/spc/experiences/glow/

Pictures:
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A41005/high/iam00067932.jpg
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40615/high/uvtattoostar2.jpg
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40615/high/uvtattoostar3.jpg
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40615/high/uvtattoostar4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RyverWild

I'm going to butt in here and throw in some info. ;)

There are currently NO tattoo inks approved in the USA by the FDA. Most standard tattoo inks do not even have a MSDS Sheet (material safety and data sheet- your guarantee that these inks are absolutely safe!), list their ingredients, or have any professional standards that they must meet. So all in all, these are the safest inks on the market!!!

The Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Ink is registered with the FDA for marking fish and game, as well as water. What this means is that you've likely been ingesting this ink for years and never known it.

The Chameleon Blacklight Inks are also currently in the process of becoming the first (human) tattoo inks to be approved by the FDA, though this is a long process.

What can I tell you about the inks? The oldest blacklight tattoo done with these inks is over 60+ years old, and is as beautiful and brilliant as the day it was done. These inks come in a variety (18) colors, and all are visible under normal light, except the Titanium White which is invisible once healed on lighter skin types.

The technology used to make this ink is incredible...the dye itself is encapsulated in a PMMA shell. The same stuff used in replacement hips, knees, etc, and has been used in the medical industry for YEARS.

As for tattoo artists in Dublin who use the inks, shoot me a private message and I'll check on that for you. The other thing you can do if you can't find any artists who already do the tattoos, is to buy the ink yourself and take it to your favorite artist (who may have you provide the blacklight) and have them tattoo you!

Here's our FAQ- (Link to FAQ)

Q. Are blacklight tattoo inks safe?
    A. BIOMETRIX System-1000 ("BMX 1000™") Photonic Marking Formulation
    USFDA Approved Spectral Marking Pigment ("SMP")™ being sold as
    "Chameleon Tattoo Ink™" were created to be the safest, most
    biocompatible tattoo inks on the market today. The way they are
    manufactured puts the ink molecules in a little shell that is
    biocompatible, and the ink never touches your skin. The uv reactive dye
    itself is non-carcinogenic, and totally biocompatible. The shell around
    the dye is made of the same material as is used in many medical implants
    (replacement hips, etc). The shell provides you with a longer color life
    than normal than tattoo inks and makes it even more biocompatible since
    the dye itself never touches the skin. This is literally the safest
    tattoo ink on the market.

Given its extensive testing for FDA approval in 1995 for use in plants,
    animals and fish for the purpose of tracking migration, growth patterns;
    breeding habits. And being used as a Tattoo Ink in Humans for over 10
    years with absolutely no adverse reactions to it in over ten years, it
    is all in the proof, this ink is most likely the safest ink on the
    market. This ink is being sold and used all over the world in
    professional tattoo studios every day.

Here is the bottom line:
    - It contains NO phosphors
    - It is NOT radio active
    - It DOES NOT contain EverGlow
    - It does NOT cause cancer
    - It has USFDA approval as a Spectral Marking [tattoo] Pigment that was developed for use in tracking animals and fish - and yes the same ones we eat, and has been tested and used with NO adverse reaction in humans for over 10 years.
    - the florescent dye is completely safe and has NO carcinogen and is human safe and does not spread or “blow out” because the dye is contained and it never even touches the skin because of the PMMA shell
    - the white (clear) does not discolor
    - It is being sold all over the world - and is use everyday
    - the inks are taken one step farther than most, as they are UV sterilized (this was being done for shipments to Europe, but now it is done for all shipments.)
    - the inks are MRI safe

Q. Are the Inks FDA Approved?
    A. Yes they are. According to our manufacturer's records, this ink received USFDA approval in 1995 for use in animals, plants and fish for the purpose of tracking migration, growth patterns; breeding habits etc. No other tattoo inks have received approval in this way. Many fisheries use this ink to "mark" the fish in oceans and the ones raised to stock rivers and ponds [the same ones we hunt and fish]. The Crazy Chameleon has on file a letter dated April 3, 1995 from the Division of Programs and Enforcement Policy, USFDA, and addressed the manufacturer of our ink that shows this approval.

Furthermore, our manufacturer is in the process of updating their FDA record status relating to this product to get it listed under FDA approved Tattoo Ink. They are also seeking from said agency an additional notification that is void of any confidential or proprietary information or data [trade secrets, amounts of materials and manufacturing processes] and thus making the papers appropriate for release to the general public. Remember NO other tattoo ink that we are aware of has any sort of FDA approval. Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Ink is a HUGE advance in tattoo ink manufacturing and freely lists its ingredients and provides a MSDS sheet.

Q. How long will they last? Will they fade?
    A. It will last longer than you do. The only way the ink can be broken down is by becoming completely frozen (-10 degrees), so unless you're planning on being chryopreserved after death the inks are perfect for anyone. The inks will be just as bright and brilliant when you die as they were the day they were tattoo'd. The longest test currently is over 60 years, and the inks are still glowing like they were the day they were put on.

Q. Can you use the UV inks OVER an existing tattoo?
    A. Indeed you can. It is best to do your regular tattoo first, all the colors, leaving the spots you want the UV to be the brightest uncolored. Then when healed, go in and have your artist fill the spots for the UV, and go over into the colored areas that you want some UV to show, so that it blends in nicely and looks great in regular light.

Q. Can you see the blacklight tattoos under normal light?
    A. Yes! Only the Titanium White UV Ink becomes virtually invisible when healed. However, depending on the skin tone, UV white does start to show up as the skin gets darker. The other colors stay beautifully vivid and bright under normal light!

Q. What about scarring?
    A. If your artist has never used these inks before, the first time can be difficult. The ink itself will not cause scarring, but if it is done too deep or too much, the process can result in light scarring. If you're worried about this, have your artist practice with the ink elsewhere on your body first! (see next question for more details)

Q. Do they work just like any "normal" ink?
    A. Tattooing with this ink is a bit strange. (Our tattooists agreed that to get great results just work a little slower and keep the UV light on all the time no matter what colors they are working with.) For one you NEED a Blacklight IN the workspace, and secondly, the ink seems more watery, and takes more time to fill, and the third point is they don’t shade like tattoo inks. Think of UV inks as if you were painting with them on a black wall, EVERY line/dot you make you WILL see when you turn on that Blacklight (that is why there is 18 colors, which fade from one to another). The best results are to ADD uv to a current tattoo, as in some colors or outlines, just like the old Blacklight Posters (do a Google search and you will find a few) as you will see there is not a lot of shading going on. Now, UV inks use in combination with regular tattoo inks MUST NOT be mixed together wet/fresh. The tattoo colors will stain the UV colors and dull them. OR do you entire outline first, with shading, the darker the better, and then use your UV colors to fill it in.

Q. Where can I buy blacklights?
    A. Any mall Spencers, Hot Topic, or Party Store will have them. UV sources should be UV-A, preferably 345-400 nM. Lamps sold for entertainment purposes usually fall into the safe area. They should be specifically marked, "Black Light". DO NOT USE UV lamps designed for germicidal or other purposes. And don’t buy the “light-bulb” type of purple party lights – they are not real UV.

Q. Do these inks contain EverGlow®?
    A. No! EverGlow® is what many other companies use to make their ink pigments "glow" - EverGlow® is NOT an additive for tattoo ink - it is not considered safe and has had many adverse reactions when people have used it as such. DO NOT USE ANY PRODUCT THAT CONTAINS EverGlow® for tattooing - that is NOT what the EverGlow® product was intended for!

This is not the only additive that is some companies add to tattoo inks to make the react to blacklight - don't take risks. Blacklight Tattoo Inks are gaining in popularity, and the BIOMETRIX System-1000 ("BMX 1000™") Photonic Marking Formulation USFDA Approved Spectral Marking Pigment ("SMP")™ being sold as "Chameleon Tattoo Ink™" is proven safer than many (if not all) of the normal tattoo inks on the market today - with a track record of over 10 years of absolutely NO adverse reactions.

Q. What is in Crazy Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Ink?
    A. The ingredients of Chameleon UV Tattoo Inks: (PMMA) Polymethylmethacrylate 97.5% and microspheres of fluorescent dye 2.5% suspended in UV sterilized, distilled water with no preservatives or other additives.

The fluorescent dyes are totally NON-carcinogenic, it does NOT contain phosphors, it is NOT radio active, it does NOT glow in the dark.

Q. Is getting a Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Ink any different than getting one with regular tattoo ink?
    A. The only difference is that the artist may need to be working with a blacklight on for some colors. Look above ("Do they work just like any "normal" ink?") for artist instructions!

Q. Why is the name Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Ink and not it's original name?
    A. To Quote Bob- "Well, we could answer the phone "Hello, Crazy Chameleon how can I help you? So you would like to purchase a set of - BIOMETRIX System-1000 ("BMX 1000™") Photonic Marking Formulation USFDA Approved Spectral Marking Pigment ("SMP")™" but I think our staff would quit. So we shortened it a bit to "Chameleon™ UV Tattoo Ink"."

Please feel free to email me or reply here with any questions!

Some UV Reactive Tattoos Done @ Crazy Chameleon (distributor of Chameleon Blacklight Tattoo Inks)

vinenglish-c-vu.jpg

spider-uv-red-4532a.jpg

ICP-UV-Tattoo-Ink-56-new.jpg

black-light-tattoo-3242.jpg

3fey_ve_3425.jpg

Ryverwild, it's quite obvious from your posts - and the fact you signed up to boards.ie purely to pimp these inks - that you have some sort of vested interest in this UV ink company.

If anyone wants to read UNBIASED opinions on UV tattoos, from professional tattooists and people who have actually had this ink used on them, go to http://www.bmezine.com/qod3/ and do a search for 'glow ink' or 'uv ink'.

Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff with a bargepole.

Typically I wouldn't have even posted about the inks, except that there is a lot of misinformation in this thread that deserved to be corrected. I found these forums because of this thread. That however doesn't mean I came here for this single purpose. It's a pity you choose to judge me before I even have the chance to get my foot in the door.

Vested interest? Yeah, letting people know the truth. I have many friends who have used these inks and adore them, and I'm in the process of getting my UV tattoos (I'm getting all my black work done first, only one more step to finish before I'm UV reactive!)

I help moderate a forum that gets a lot of questions about these inks, and I've worked closely with people who sell this ink, people who currently have UV tattoos, and artists who have used these inks, and I've done a lot of research on the inks myself. So yes, I know a lot more than the average joe. And I don't want misinformation passed around...especially since so many people are interested in UV reactive inks but are scared to get them when they don't need to be!

Yep, they used to do glow in the dark tattoos with everglo. That stuff will kill you. There's still places doing blacklight and glow in the dark tattoos with stuff that would make your skin crawl. Litterally. But there is a safe option, and people deserve to know that.

Now...pimping the inks would have meant posting a link to where you can buy them. And I didn't do that. I don't care where you buy them or if you buy them. But the people who are interested in the tattoos deserve to know that they're a safe option.

It's surprising how quick people judge these inks...they're the ONLY tattoo ink on the market that has any kind of FDA approval. Compare that to regular tattoo inks, which have no sort of regulations, no quality assurances, no MDSD sheets, no list of ingredients...at least you KNOW what's in the Chameleon Blacklight Inks. And the MSDS sheet proves that they're safe. Especially since unless you've never eaten any meat or plants of any kind, and never had a glass of water to drink...you've already had these inks in your body, and you never knew it. Why? Because they're that safe.

As far as unbiased opinions go, here are a few experiences on BME that you can read, and a couple links to IAM pages (a sub-devision of BME) that have used the blacklight inks: (BME warning: extreme content may be present)

UV Tattoo Gallery at BME: http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/uv001.html

UV Tattoo Experience at BME:
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40319/tatuvand.html (featured)

IAM Pages (people with UV ink tattoos):
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?Tolley
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?Moony
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?PerfectAngel
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?PRIMATE
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?sixthhook
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?bonana

There are hundreds of shops around the world that are using these inks. And it's easy to see why, as beautiful as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PiercedAngel

Interesting...
    And yes, I have joined this board just to reply to this thread.
    Most of your comments here are untrue - the ink now being used is not 'glow in the dark', it's UV reactive - 2 very different things.
    Yes, some people had very nasty reactions to the old style inks that were about in the 80s/early 90s, but not so the new UV reactive ink.
    They do not look muddy under normal light, they look like the colour they are, apart from white which vanishes and only appears in black light.
    Yes, I do believe this ink to be totally safe - why else would I have a UV rective tattoo myself? ;)

Captured2004-8-2100003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

have to say, agree with ryver wild as already given me good and sound advice on my own tattoo, lets try not to accuse other of biased opinons etc when we all hope and expect the same from others, is meant to be a discussion board not an accusation board

Eoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PiercedMoonyMom

I'm the Moony that Ryv referred you to, both my IAM page and my BME experience about getting a UV tattoo. Believe me, we're not "hyping" this particular ink for the sake of hyping it. I did a LOT of research on it before I allowed my artist to touch needle to skin to make sure there was no chance of complications arising. I've had *zero* problems with my UV tattoo. I absolutely love it (the UV added more meaning to the existing project-I didn't just get it because it looked cool ;) ) and plan on getting an entire backpiece done the white UV ink this spring. If you'd like to see pictures of my ex-husband's UV tattoos I'd be glad to email you the links.

We're just trying to let you know that there *is* a safe, FDA approved UV-reactive ink on the market, and providing some anecdotal evidence to support it. See you around! :D

eoin_f wrote:
    have to say, agree with ryver wild as already given me good and sound advice on my own tattoo, lets try not to accuse other of biased opinons etc when we all hope and expect the same from others, is meant to be a discussion board not an accusation board

Eoin.

True, true, but non-partisan entries are preferable to be honest, no one is here to accuse, but if someone asks about something and ALL internet research leads to one conclusion then what is the option but to advise people not to use the inks?

All FAQs online appear to suggest to stay away from the inks, only place is their website that has ANYTHING positive to say about the inks.
    FDA approval for fish and game is not something I would want in my skin, the water argument is well ridiculous to be honest, anyone here had a glass of water that fluoresces, I never have? Big difference anyway between a glass of water that may have a few parts per million and getting a few grams of the stuff under your epidermis.

Do you guys have any impartial testimonials or anything more than pictures to offer? I mean the "funny" thing is that you can post a lot of pics of stuff from BME where the other (negative tatuscotty) link came from and yet discount the negative stuff from the same source?
    :rolleyes:

you can post a lot of pics of stuff from BME
    I posted a picture of my tattoo, but I guess somehow I'm being overlooked here? :rolleyes:

Yes, the vast majority of info on the net is negative, but it's about the old style inks - the 'glow in the dark' rubbish. Why don't you take the time to read about the new safe ink?

You don't know me, but I can assure you I'd not have anything done that might result in a limb falling off! The tattooist that did mine wouldn't touch the stuff until she was sure it was safe - and she's now fine with it.
    Funny how an experienced tattooist is fine with it but someone who hasn't taken the time to research anything is slating it...

• Advertisement

It looks like you came with the posse to promote the product so maybe I was lumping you in with people you have nothing to do with, it is suspicious that you arrive with a post count close to zero at the same time these guys start to promote the product here?

I may be wrong but the internet is a strangely anonymous place and you look like too much of a coincidence to be true. If you have nothing to do with that crew then fair enough but come back and go for it again when the FDA approve the ink for tattooing and not use on livestock.

BME is a lot more credible than the manufacturers site by the way, and BME advises against it, if you really want to promote the inks then get BME onside and then there would be very little discussion here about it, as we could go to the positive BME links and let them convince us, as it stands this is not the case.

Do you suggest any links for "research" or is BME enough?

The other suspicious thing is that the FDA approval myth about this product is all over the web, looks like someone has been telling a few porkies or at the least half-truths to get the rumour about prior to real FDA approval. That doesn't do a lot for credibility.
    RyverWild wrote:
    The Chameleon Blacklight Inks are also currently in the process of becoming the first tattoo inks to be approved by the FDA, though this is a long process.
    We're just trying to let you know that there *is* a safe, FDA approved UV-reactive ink on the market

So which is it exactly???

I do not belong to any 'posse'.
    Yes, I do know the other posters, but as I'm in the UK I can't have a vested interest in an American firm really can I? I'm just someone who has a UV reactive tattoo.

I'm a real person, please take a look at my IAM page http://iam.bmezine.com/?perfectangel or if you can't see it (if you're not a BME/IAM member) I can be found on the Wildcat site forum where I'm the moderator.
    With regard to the BME glossery, they themselves admit that a lot of it needs updating.

Firstly, it IS FDA approved. However the manufacturer is still in the process of getting it approved as a human tattoo ink. (and if you live in the right places, YES your water would have glowed under a blacklight had you the wits to use one at the right time. But they don't exact tell you they're dumping a few gallons of it in your water...that must say something for its safety)

Seconly, this ink has only been on the market about 6 months...prior to this ink, there WAS nothing safe that was uv reactive OR glow in the dark. There are still no safe glow in the dark inks. We're in the process of working with BME to update their UV Ink entry in the encyclopedia (actually, creating one since there isn't already). As lightning quick as the internet is, people actually have to know about safe options before they can update FAQs and whatnot. And, as you can tell from your own unnecessarily negative view point, some people refuse to believe even when the truth is waved about in front of their faces.

Have you even taken the time to read what I've posted? You're so sure in your regular tattoo inks, when the Chameleon Blacklight Ink has more FDA approval and safety information than any other tattoo ink. Do you really believe that hundreds of tattoo artists would use this ink every day if it wasn't safe? That they'd use it on THEMSELVES if it wasn't safe?

Yes, in the past there's always been one or two random morons who would tattoo with just about anything...including glow in the dark paint used on military ships. But this thing called technology...its evolved since then. Your negativity is understandable...the fact that you're refusing to listen to us...well, that I don't understand.

And like I said before. My only vested interest in these inks is exposing the truth. Do some of the other posters here and I know eachother? Yeah...an interest in body modifications brings people together. 8000+ of us at last count. Somewhere in those 8000+, I was bound to run into a person or three that was using these inks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PiercedMoonyMom

Yes, I am biased toward this ink because I've done my research, have enough education to understand the processes and conclusions in the information available about this ink, have found it safe, and have gone forward to have it put into my body. This implication that we're somehow promoting this ink far more than is, shall we say, "expected" also implies that we get something out of it. Far from the truth. Some people here don't quite understand that the information on the internet isn't a complete regurgitation of all human knowledge at that exact instant in time. In a lot of areas it hasn't caught up with the actual time, and this is to be expected on something as expansive as the World Wide Web.

Especially in this scenario, where this ink now has to overcome the stigma attached to all of it's predecessors *and* knowledge of and information about these inks is mostly transferred electronically, sometimes it takes a very long time for new information to become widespread, accepted and finally common knowledge. When you do internet research you need to keep an open mind and pay attention to the dates of what you read. Ten articles published at the same time five years ago on a subject may reach a far different conclusion than ten articles published in the present on the same subject. Technology advances, people learn from the past, and time marches on. Because of people NOT opening their minds to the idea that an idea (UV reactive ink) previously proved dangerous in the past might now become a safe reality, information transfer is seriously hampered.

There also needs to be people willing to take an (educated) chance, like me. My handle in another forum is "Body Mod Guinea Pig"-which I am. I love PTFE for piercings-I've met quite a bit of opposition to using it despite research that it's safe. It's far more widely used in Europe, though-maybe because people embraced the idea of it being a safe alternative to metal for piercings and realizing if it wasn't safe people wouldn't be *cooking* on it every day. I've successfully healed one piercing with it that wouldn't have healed otherwise, and had great success with two more. Tomorrow I will be getting two more piercings with it as I believe it will make a major difference in healing. Do I promote PTFE because I get something out of it? Of course not! I believe in it and want others to share the benefits.

On the same token, have any of you looked at the MSDS sheets and other information for this ink? It's not "ink"-it's tiny (smaller than a red blood cell) balls of a plastic called PMMA susupended in sterilized water. PMMA (a descendent of Lucite, also a descendent of acrylic) is used every day in artificial limbs, joints, and prostheses. It's well-accepted by the body, and in fact is incorporated into the body (or in this case, the skin) through the body's normal response to anything as inert as PMMA that's placed into it. Almost non-existant rejection rate, and most of those cases are in people who are all ready immunocompromised. THIS is the information we're trying to spread to combat the ignorance generated by closed-minded, non-forward thinking people who insist on imposing the old information on the new ideas.

Now, please don't get the idea that I'm bashing all of you. Yes, I was a little hesitant at first to accept a lot of ideas about body modification, least of all this. And all of you are hesitant as I was, rightfully so. I wouldn't want to hang out with people who just accepted everything told to them at face value without challenging it sometimes. Just please don't discredit us who have the information, researched the life out of it, and have first-hand experience with this ink, due to ignorance of the subject at hand. As for bias-if I'm biased toward this ink, what am I biased against, then?

THIS is the information we're trying to spread to combat the ignorance generated by closed-minded, non-forward thinking people who insist on imposing the old information on the new ideas.

Ouch! Well you really know how to get me onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

where in dublin is the uv stuff available...?
    any tattooists i've asked don't wanna touch the stuff with a ten foot clown pole...

What you need to do is go in and talk to your artist...print off the information on the site I linked to above, and the msds sheet...once they actually LOOK at the information about the ink, most will use it.

As for who does the tats, you'd need to contact the Ireland distributor, they have a list of tattoo studios currently using the inks.
    LOTUS TATTOO SUPPLY - 214 RAVENHILL AVE. BT6 8LL - Belfast-Northern Ireland UK

Phone: UK - 0770856390

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Well to be honest with you RyverWild,just look at this post and look at the amount of people disagreeing with the whole UV tattoo situation,even if you could find the fact that UV tattoo's are FDA approved they still have a really bad reputation so you aint gonna get much people getting em done

• Advertisement

Yes, they used to have a horrible rep. However, there are a lot of people more open minded than you that are changing that.

Can we just agree to disagree already?

Advertisement