Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save the Green Planet / Jigureul jikyeora

• 01-10-2004 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

(Ran a search for this first, couldnt find any other threads.)

Went to see this this evening in UGC.
    Weirdest. Film. Ever.

Started off like Silence of the Lambs on acid, then got really creepy, then got completely absurd....
    How could i without my hair?!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think it'd have been a much better film if they'd stopped it there...

Anyone else seen this and want to comment?
    IMDB is kinda short on details, only 1 review, nothing on the messageboard, no quotes, stills, etc :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally, I thought it was absolutely excellent! Saw it during the summer, and it was definetly a very quirky film, but I really did love it. Many elements to the film, many sub-plots, and really kept my guessing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very enjoyable movie but, as you say, quite weird. However, it's more weird as in unique than weird as in incomprehensible 'Lost Highway' weirdness. A glance at IMDB will show it's a mix of different genres that shouldn't work together but somehow do. I found it at times hilarious, horrifying, and moving (almost to the point of shedding tears).

However, I'm going to agree with igy on where they should have stopped it. I think it would have been far more poignant and affecting if
    they hadn't ever bothered to show if he was right or not. Although it did sort of validate the torture, the sci-fi end was too light-hearted given the generally serious tone of the second half and thus it was underminded
    . Still minor quibbles aside I'd recommend this.

Oh and speaking of the Tartan Asia Extreme festivael, we're getting - most likely - the Isle after all, albeit a more censored version than appeared in Britain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought it was excellent. I thought it was going to be really quirky at the start and then it turned into audition lite on acid.

i got a different message from the ending than you ixoy. What I took home was that
    He was a nut job all along. The sci-fi ending was his final thoughts and him trying to justify what he had done. The images from the tv at the end was his life flashing before his eyes. Also the fianl image before this ending was him dying.
    Well thats my two cents.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You know what? You're probably right Retrogamer. That kinda makes sense and is still in keeping with what we saw. Thanks for that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, penny dropped....
    I didnt initially think that because
    I thought we'd just seen Lee Byeong-gu die a scene or two before the sci-fi stuff started
    but it definitely makes more sense, cheers retrogamer :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No problem. Usually slow with this stuff but I even surprised my friend ,who does film studies, with my interpretation when he didn't understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Excellent movie. Nice spot on the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... I definetly must see it again at some stage, it really was fantastic. Probably wait untill the DVD release though. And again, makes sense retrogamer, but I do agree with Ixoy that it was unessicary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

ixoy wrote:
    moving (almost to the point of shedding tears).

I was bawling my eyes out during the flashback part about his ex-wife or girlfriend or whatever. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Great movie, check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement