Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I banned from Christianity?

Options
  • 01-10-2004 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

My Access gone. My post gone. Any Christianity mod want to comment?
    Could any mod check on this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

MadsL wrote:

its part of justhalfs oppression campain to stamp out any opinion but his own from christianity.

he didn't even report it on the mod forum, along with his banning of keu for personal reasons of his.

And lets not go into his abuse of board susers in his own boards and refusal to rectify the issue.

Hopefully the admins will soon appoint a co-mod who can undo all Justhalfs poor modding actions, so never fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

its a bit like a spanish inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

such is the way of fanatics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The word you're looking for is excommunication.

I feel better now, at least I'm not damned for all eternity. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

syke wrote:
    its part of justhalfs oppression campain to stamp out any opinion but his own from christianity.

he didn't even report it on the mod forum, along with his banning of keu for personal reasons of his.

And lets not go into his abuse of board susers in his own boards and refusal to rectify the issue.

Hopefully the admins will soon appoint a co-mod who can undo all Justhalfs poor modding actions, so never fear.

control_anger.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It must work, look at how happy those children are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You shall burn in hell fire my child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

MadsL wrote:

Maybe you should ask his forgiveness?

I'm pretty sure theres something about it in the bible, I think it's near the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mycroft wrote:
    Maybe you should ask his forgiveness?

I'm pretty sure theres something about it in the bible, I think it's near the back.

Somebody please +rep this on behalf, I'm not allowed...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hobbes wrote:
    its a bit like a spanish inquisition.
    NOE. NO MORE OF AMP POSTING "NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH FÚCKING INQUISITION"!!!1!!!

...please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

This is why I am Banned

JustHalf wrote:
    MadsL wrote:
    Am I banned from Christianity? For what reason? Have you reported this to other Mods? Please give me some indication of what I have done wrong.
    Banned for this:
    MadsL wrote:
    Yes. And burning in PC hell. "dirtiest bummer"? That's helpful. And not a single mod here pulled you up on this repulsive and offensive expression of gay men. Shame on you. But what else would I expect in this forum but intolerance.

my reply:
    JustHalf wrote:
    MadsL, you're banned for a week for both:

1: Being far too PC for your own good
    2: Suggesting that merely allowing the phrase "dirtiest bummer" to be used in argument, in a way that makes sense in context (crikey, he was using it to make a stab at intolerance!) somehow means that I'm being an intolerant asshole.

Ban stays in effect for a week (until next Wednesday / Thursday). PM me, or whoever's mod of the forum then, to be unbanned.

Sorry for not PMing you with this notice, I thought you'd still be able to read the notice I put up on the board even though I'd banned you. My mistake.

Regards,
    Dave
    Being far too PC for your own good

I don't call objecting to gay men being called "dirty bummers" being PC, I call it being a grown-up member of society. Since when do we ban people around here for being PC? The poster just insulted some very close friends of mine, not to mention a significant portion of this community. Surely the Christianity forum would be the one place you would expect not to have to pull someone up on this. "Bummers" - I ask you.
    Suggesting that merely allowing the phrase "dirtiest bummer" to be used in argument, in a way that makes sense in context (crikey, he was using it to make a stab at intolerance!) somehow means that I'm being an intolerant asshole.

How was it in context - I think the thinking ran along the lines of " God can forgive me even if I am the dirtiest bummer alive!"
    somehow means that I'm being an intolerant asshole.

I don't know but "By their fruit you will recognize them" Matt 7:16. I never called you an asshole, I just pulled a poster up on offensive language that you seem to think is acceptable. Does it make you an asshole? Not in my book? Banning me and not PMing me? No. Leaving me banned for this...we'll see. I think you need some 'help' with the concept of mod tho'.

I had lots more to add to this discussion topic (this was my thesis topic - guess what I have a degree in Theology...) but I'm guessing that you will now ban me permanently, lets see how tolerant you really are.
    or whoever's mod of the forum then

Is that a resignation?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ehh, whatever about the rights and wrongs but putting a PM up on public display is... not very pc.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

nobodyexpectscut.jpg
    crash_000 wrote:
    NOE. NO MORE OF AMP POSTING "NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH FÚCKING INQUISITION"!!!1!!!

...please?

:eek:

Didn't see that coming

Ehh, whatever about the rights and wrongs but putting a PM up on public display is... not very pc.

Tough. I'm assuming that this mod will stand behind his words, I'm only quoting what is on the forum anyway. Everyone else can judge if he is running a forum - or his own little world. Given the number of complains it seems to be the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

MadsL wrote:
    I don't know but "By their fruit you will recognize them" Matt 7:16. I never called you an asshole, I just pulled a poster up on offensive language that you seem to think is acceptable. Does it make you an asshole?

Here's your own words:
    MadsL wrote:
    And not a single mod here pulled you up on this repulsive and offensive expression of gay men. Shame on you. But what else would I expect in this forum but intolerance.
    Check the last sentence there. True, you didn't use the word "asshole", but it's reasonable to infer a similar sentiment.

I'd already told people I was taking a zero tolerance view of people criticising me in the thread itself. If you'd just attacked the other poster's points, or even his choice of words, fine. But that's not all you did.

This is a one-week ban, as I've stated in the PM. You'll be unbanned on Wednesday / Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

JustHalf wrote:
    I'd already told people I was taking a zero tolerance view of people criticising me in the thread itself.

Just because you say it doesn't make it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

*edit* Uncalled for comment - my apologies

Zoro

Youu have a zero tolerance approach to anyone criticizing you?
    Catch 22
    Wow :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

JustHalf wrote:
    Here's your own words:
    Check the last sentence there. True, you didn't use the word "asshole", but it's reasonable to infer a similar sentiment.

Is it? Anyway, best to moderate the posts and not the thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I'm curious as the admins opinion on the poor modding on christianity at the moment.

Whats the point in having a public forum, community or not, where people are banned on a whem because the mod doesn't like what they have to say and if they aren't banned they get abused by the mod and have their spiritual beliefs ridiculed and non-conformist christianity is oppressed.

Devore? Ecksor?

I'm curious as to why the science mod is asking for me to explain myself to him.

ecksor wrote:
    I'm curious as to why the science mod is asking for me to explain myself to him.

Can you show me where I asked you to explain yourself?

I said I was curious as to what your opinion is and then I asked you a question.

I put your (and Devores) username there because you two usually do the spokesperson role.

Suggesting I'm asking you to explain accountability is overstating the case totally.

Well, if you're not looking for an explanation of what I'm thinking and doing then I have misunderstood the questions. I read all posts on this forum. I post if and when I feel it is appropriate.

ecksor wrote:
    Well, if you're not looking for an explanation of what I'm thinking and doing then I have misunderstood the questions. I read all posts on this forum. I post if and when I feel it is appropriate.

Well unless I'm much mistaken, there is a big difference between asking a question about your actions.

I asked an admins opinion on JH's actions (which seem rather unjust)

I never asked you to explain your actions.

Perhaps its my poor english again but I would think they are two very different questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

syke wrote:

Whats the point in having a public forum, community or not, where people are banned on a whem because the mod doesn't like what they have to say and if they aren't banned they get abused by the mod

Theres nothing new in that. It happens here from time to time when you get a pesonality clash between the various parties. The mod will usually win out unless he/she has seriously stepped out of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

MadsL wrote:
    Youu have a zero tolerance approach to anyone criticizing you?
    Catch 22
    Wow :eek:
    Dude, I did restrict the scope of that considerably. For a start, I wrote "in the thread itself". I italicised it here for emphasis, so you wouldn't miss it.

I should probably clarify the "criticising me" phrase here. In the original post on the Christianity forum, I said "criticising my decisions". I'm hoping people can take the reasonable interpretation of that, which is "as mod" and not "in general, ever". I also restricted that, again, to "in this thread", meaning the thread on the Christianity forum.

If I really had a zero tolerance approach to anyone criticising me, both syke and NinjaBart would also be banned. They're not, because it was a fair criticism of my actions.

In an attempt to get things back on topic, I wrote:
    "This is obviously off-topic. Take it to feedback if you want, but don't discuss it in this thread."

Keu then responded with her own criticism of me. As she was the wronged party, I thought I should give her some leeway. I responded to her criticisms in the thread and apologised to her. At the end of my post, I wrote:
    "Take this argument to PMs or the Feedback forum please. You can even make another thread on this forum if you want, but I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to any more replies, criticising my decisions, in this thread. It's completely off-topic."

That's twice I gave warnings. Again, as Keu was the victim in this, I gave her some more leeway.

My patience ran out with Keu's last post, and yours was next. Banhammer.

JustHalf wrote:
    Dude, I did restrict the scope of that considerably. For a start, I wrote "in the thread itself". I italicised it here for emphasis, so you wouldn't miss it.

I should probably clarify the "criticising me" phrase here. In the original post on the Christianity forum, I said "criticising my decisions". I'm hoping people can take the reasonable interpretation of that, which is "as mod" and not "in general, ever". I also restricted that, again, to "in this thread", meaning the thread on the Christianity forum.

If I really had a zero tolerance approach to anyone criticising me, both syke and NinjaBart would also be banned. They're not, because it was a fair criticism of my actions.

In an attempt to get things back on topic, I wrote:
    "This is obviously off-topic. Take it to feedback if you want, but don't discuss it in this thread."

Keu then responded with her own criticism of me. As she was the wronged party, I thought I should give her some leeway. I responded to her criticisms in the thread and apologised to her. At the end of my post, I wrote:
    "Take this argument to PMs or the Feedback forum please. You can even make another thread on this forum if you want, but I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to any more replies, criticising my decisions, in this thread. It's completely off-topic."

That's twice I gave warnings. Again, as Keu was the victim in this, I gave her some more leeway.

My patience ran out with Keu's last post, and yours was next. Banhammer.

But seeing as you implied the insult and not the poster, and the admins have told you that you mod the posts and not the thoughts, i hope you will rectify your latest poor modding decision and unban madsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Keu then responded with her own criticism of me.

no I didn't you big fat liar.

(I did when it came to feedback..but thats what fedbacks for right?)

"I responded to her criticisms in the thread and apologised to her. At the end of my post, I wrote: take it to feedback" (or whatever)
    and this was in response to syke when he/she pointed out your actions. You didn't apologise to me in the original thread, you asked me a question and I answered it, you didn't like my answer because it had to do with buddhism, there was nothing personal towards you in anyway at all, ever..nothing..I never criticesed you in christianity. (but I was stupid enough to go and post an apology AFTER the issue was brought up here in feedback, because i didn't want to get into an argument about it.

your a liar.

• Advertisement

He's not fat ...

Advertisement