Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7600 now stupid cheap

Options
  • 01-10-2004 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭

from thedvdforums.co.uk:
    Nokia 7600 PAYG £29.99 (+ £15 top-up)
    As from Friday CPW will be selling the Nokia 7600 on 3Pay for the stupidly-reduced price of £29.99, with the usual minimum £15 E-Voucher top-up at POS.
    This looks like its probably going to be a CPW-exclusive price, which is definitely available in-store. Don't know about on-line though.
    It's a pretty good phone for the price-much better than the crappy NEC phones offered recently, and, while it can't do video calling, it is Bluetooth-enabled. Previous price for this in-store was a disgusting £299.99

ENJOY!

AS these are so easy to unlock its almost criminal value, think u have to buy em instore tho, gonna try get one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

u should try n get 2 and sell me the other one ;)
    awesome price

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

No wonder they are springing up on the for sale foum ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Q for the Group

Will it work (ifor the moment) as a pure 2G phone ...eg on Meteor....or will it get twitchy if it spots a 3G network signal around ?

TIA

M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yes, it should work no problem as as a 2G phone.. If you have a 2G sim in it, coming across 3G signal wont be an issue.

They are all sold out anyway.. went as far as lovely Lisburn today.. classy gaff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

are they getting them back in or was it a limited thing?

Getting some in on Monday..

I had a look in the other phone stores up north. The Link and Phones4U seem to have their own offers too. 3 seem to have given each chain a specific model to see as they seem to be selling an NEC and Motorola handset respectively..

which motorola handset is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Muck wrote:
    Will it work (ifor the moment) as a pure 2G phone ...eg on Meteor....or will it get twitchy if it spots a 3G network signal around ?

remembered this had been asked a while back about the CPW 7600 (search index hasn't been restored to cover posts before the upgrade so took a little while to trawl up):
    Nokia 7600 on 3uk

BrianG

since that thread is a couple of weeks old, any chance someone has sorted it out yet, seemed to be a lot of people here getting them, surely they can make calls otherwise they wouldnt still be looking for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Guys ... Need some help here . Have tried 3 of the generated codes , but none work ... Where can i get a 7600 cable unlocked ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Stekelly wrote:
    since that thread is a couple of weeks old, any chance someone has sorted it out yet, seemed to be a lot of people here getting them, surely they can make calls otherwise they wouldnt still be looking for them

CPW had gone out and sourced them independently to sell with the 3 service... as it had been mentioned before thought it was worth highlighting so people can look into it

Update: this is also being discussed in the For Sale Mobiles forum

BrianG

Stekelly wrote:
    which motorola handset is it?

To be honest, I saw the offer and pretty blanked it.. The Motorola and NEC handsets are fairly modified with three's software, i.e. you cannot re-configure the WAP settings to another networks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Is this offer finished as i cant see on the web??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Im pretty sure it's still on. Not on the web though. You have to go in any buy them. 2 per sale, with a credit card as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

whats the credit card for , can they track you and charge you credit if you dont top up for a year or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

dont think so. Just to see if you are actually intending to use the phone and not just sell it on.

There are thousands of these that have been bought in UK, compared to i'd say a hundred or so brought down here and unlocked. Hardly an issue for 3g i would say.

Advertisement