Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need phone point moved

• 01-10-2004 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone work for Eircom (or the like) and want to earn a few extra quid?

I want to move main phone socket up stairs to another room to help improve broadband (I'm using extension cables etc at the mo).

OR

Does anyone know how much Eircom would charge for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

why don't you just get yourself a wireless router and card, this will save you drilling holes and putting down cables, plus it would only cost you just over 100 quid.
    and is safe enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Eircom don't do it. Their responsbility ends at ur NTU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

It doesn't matter who does it - they're not going to "move the the main socket". They'll run cable from the main socket to wherever you need it. The difference will be that it will probably be neatly tacked down, and possibly better quality cable than you have at present.

Why do you think recabling will improve broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Thanks guys I'll give it some more thaught...

If you saw my set up.... it wouldn't hurt to improve the wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

If you ring Eircom they can send an independant company around to run a wire from an existing phone point to any where in the house, you can of course buy a kit to do this saving your self a few quid. (80e i think i payed when i got it done a year ago)

• Advertisement
Advertisement