Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics card in laptop

Options
  • 01-10-2004 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hey folks

I have a dell laptop, will find out model number etc etc. Basically the screen is a bit hazy you can read it but you know its hazy.

I went into my comp > right click> hardware wizard> and device manager> and on my display adapters it says

3Dfx Interactive Inc, Banshee ..... so I double clikc it , where do I go from here to get the drivers to make tthe haziness stop, also I have no CD ROM on it only floppies, thanks folks

paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

3dfx went bust a few years ago, so there's no new drivers.

Chances are the latest drivers they published might be newer than the ones you're using, but the problem you're describing seems more of a hardware than software in nature.

Anyways, you can download the drivers from here:
    http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxhelp.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

they didn't go bust, nvidia bought them.
    the Banshee was famous for it's pport display quality, it was their first Hybrid 2D/3D card, if you have windows XP or 2000 on it, then you would allready have the latest Driver them as they stopped releasing Drivers for it in 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

gilamesh

i have win 2k on it, so am i stuck with it like this

what you mean hardware over software problem ??? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

i mean that if the screen looks hazy it's probably the hardware at fault, not the drivers (software).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

what I meant, was that the drivers for the 3dfx series were discontinued after 1999.
    some 3dfx geeks, wrote or carried on writing the drivers for them but it was always an issue of the banshee cards to have poort 2d display quality.
    I really don't think that updating the drivers will help you, if you even find a newer release.

• Advertisement
Advertisement