Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cures for self Tilt-itus?

Options
  • 01-10-2004 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Beating myself up bad this morning after a terrible case of self Tilting in last nights big one at the Fitz.

The omens were there when on the way down I was stuck in traffic at the Port tunnel for over an hour and had to go on the reserve list. Luckily I was one of the first on the list and got straight in when Luke made it 11 per table.
    I think I would have preferred it if he had left it at 10 and let people in as others were busted. The blinds at 20 mins are quick enough for a tournie of this entry fee as it is, without slowing play down further with 11 per table. It also meant you really needed to find a decent hand play with.

On to play and the cards were awful! I never played a hand for the first 2 levels and then was dealt Aces and the flop was too dangerous for me to make any money - Flushing, straighting low cards against a player I had seen showdown two small pocket pairs already - he had another this time so my read was spot on but he missed the flop so I picked up a small pot.

Shortly after the break I was moved table and ended up in another seat 11 on a crappy plastic chair, unable to see the action at the other end of the table. Two hands in dealt Aces again, a small raise into the blinds and 1 early caller and everyone folded! I know I should be grateful not to have busted by a bad beat with aces, but winning 1800 chips in total on these two hands had me thinking I was never going to get my chips!

A few hands later I picked up AJo in late position and with no callers I raised three times the blinds and found myself re-raised all-in. I had initially thought the blinds had less chips than me, but I must have missed a pile chips from my awkward viewing position.

Normally in this situation I would have no hesitation in laying my hand down, but for some reason I cannot fathom I put him on a re-steal and shoved my chips in immediatley. Suffice to say he had AK and my 270 euro was down the drain!

At least there was no delay in getting home as I was steaming all the way! :o

Any way I feel much better putting it down in words :)

Think I will take some Valium before Winter festival event at the Merrion, hopefully that will stop me self destructing on such minor things!

Anybody else steaming from last night follow this link, it might bring a smile to your face

http://72off.cjb.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

id be steaming if i payed 270 notes and got 11 seater tables and plastic chairs.

should be greatly improved when the new floor is open though.

i went out in an online tournie last night with AJ too btw. figured a re-steal as well......strange psychological effect when you're in late position, you think it so unlikely that the 1/2 remaining players left to act have a better hand.....

thing is though what hand could you possibly put them on too call all in preflop?

personally, being a rock and all ;) i wouldnt even call 72os with AJ early in a tournie...

better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

id be steaming if i payed 270 notes and got 11 seater tables and plastic chairs.

In fairness, 115 entrants! Anyone know what the winner got, must have been 14K!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Shortstack wrote:
    A few hands later I picked up AJo in late position and with no callers I raised three times the blinds and found myself re-raised all-in. I had initially thought the blinds had less chips than me, but I must have missed a pile chips from my awkward viewing position.
    Normally in this situation I would have no hesitation in laying my hand down, but for some reason I cannot fathom I put him on a re-steal and shoved my chips in immediatley. Suffice to say he had AK and my 270 euro was down the drain!
    That was me in Seat 1 with the AK.
    I thought you were stealing to be honest, and even if you had something like AJ or AQ I was pretty sure you would lay it down.
    I thought I was in trouble against JJ or QQ or something when you called but was fairly relieved when you showed AJ.
    I went out 23rd in the end, after I was down to the felt and all in ready to go home I made it back up to about 18k.
    Didn't hit any cards after the break survived a while with some steals, all in on Q4o in the BB, and made the SB fold 55 thankfully.
    Derry cunningly isolated me when I was in the BB for 4000 with 5500 left. He had A9o and I had to go with KJ diamonds. Neither of us hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

funniest link ive read in a while! brilliant!

the x factor... ah yes.
    my new favourite hand.
    i've seen the light

Advertisement