Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to sort Broadband

• 01-10-2004 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

OK I am an idiot, lets just say that. This is why I need your help.
    Living in an apartment in Dublin 7. We do not have a phone line at present but previous tenants had one.

What is my best way to go about getting broadband set up and most importantly, what is the cheapest?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

OK, so you're an idiot. That's no reason not to read this sticky now, is it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭simonm2

This is no mans land at the moment. Step one call up EsatBt (regardless of whether you want to deal with them - its less frustrating than eircom) and see if they can reconnect the old line. I suspect that if its less than 3 months they will be able to do so - but as this is new territory they may not even be certain themselves. Look at the list of providers on the comwreck.com site - you'll have to poke around but there is a list of almost every telephone operator in Ireland there.
    If these folks can't get the connection done, then you'll have to ask Eircom.

Step two. (the sticky in the previous post is as good a starting point as any other).
    As soon as the line is running transfer to one of the broadband/phone packages from any operator except Eircom - it just takes a phonecall - it will be cheaper (marginally to substantially depending on the package) you'll get better service (I won't say good service).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭simonm2

If you read French you can find about about the terms and conditions - there is a bit of small print and I think an additional 4 euros a month.

http://www.tiscali.fr/#

2048k down with unlimited local/national calls (and France is a big place) for 30 euros a month!

Hello Eircom, Hello Esat ..... anyone out there ????

Wannadoo in Spain have much the same sort of offer but they don't have the speed.

Advertisement