Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

naas to dcu commuting

• 01-10-2004 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

living on camus and in town is too expensive....anyone got any commuting tips?i think there's a bus direct from naas but im not sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

Theres a bus from bus stop outside the post office in naas at 7.15 if i remember correctly. Goes into the centre of town and then heads out to dcu so u dont have to change buses. Theres one home aswell i think. Cant remember the time its at but i remember gettin it 2 years from the bus stop on the ballymun road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Check www.dublinbus.ie for busses.

I remember someone telling me about a bus that went from Naas to DCU. Id say getting from Naas to Dublin would have bee n quite slow with the traffic.

You could always cycle if you wanted to get some uber exercise :)

[then again thats coming from the guy who gets the bus from Howth to DCU]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aye, all are correct. There is a 7:15 bus.

It is rather tiring though. I'm getting it at the moment for another month or so, then moving up. I lasted first year doing it, though I'd advise moving up if at all possible. Difficult to go out to events and stuff if you don't have a place to stay in town and you can't piss mates off too much by arriving every night.

Speaking of the bus though, it's actually quite full in the mornings ! when I was in first year there was only 2 or 3 people left after o connell street stop. Now, there's around 10 people.

You can get a weekly ticket online for around 21.60 which is fairly decent value. Never gotten the bus eireann bus back into town myself, could never find it !

what you studying johnjo ?

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mezon

I agree with Verb. i too commuted in first year and personally i thought it was hell. Im allergic to getting up before 8am. Bus Eireann must have stopped the bus back to Naas from DCU cos i cant seem to find it on the site bus eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 johnjo76

gav - i hope to be doin computer applications next year

• Advertisement
Advertisement