Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Album You Ever Bought?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

shaggy - Boombastic when I was like 4.Kick ass album
    Tape too.

Very first rock album was the thin lizzy greatest hits I think when I was like 6.The first metal album was erm...I think Pantera, Cowboys from hell when I was 7, got it on meh birthday too.Still the best reccomendation I have gotten from anyone to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mwoah

now 25.
    o the shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mwoah

<<shameful because it had 2 unlimited's 'tribal dance' & 'all that she wants' by ace of base... cringe!>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lieby

Now thats what i call music 2. (1984)

(i still have it)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles OST..... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

first album... well first one I bought was I think Radiohead's Pablo Honey... but.... I'm sure I got Take That on tape from an aunty before that!!!!!!!! CRINGE!!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill.

Didn't buy another one for f*ckin years after that tho, think the next must've been The Beach OST when I was 15 :o

On the bright side, I have actually developed some taste in the intervening years (thank cr@p!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Now that Pet mentions it, the first album I bought was Jagged Little Pill, not All Saints (thank God for that, at least Alanis Moirsette is a respectable first buy). I bought Jagged Little Pill before going to France, and bought All Saints on the way back home again. I listened to JLP for a full 2 weeks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

EMF-Schubert dip on tape when I was in sixth class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

um...i think it might have been something by gloria estefan :o however i'm not sure if that was a present or what cos i got it when i was 7 and unlike them youngesters today i dont think id o had enuf pocket muny to buy it...but the earliest cd i distinctly remember wud be alanis morrisette jagged lil pill....good ol teenage female angst...grrr..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I got my dad to buy Queen's Greatest Hits for me, if that counts. Otherwise, it was Green by REM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

The Grid - Evolver (remember that song they had "Swamp thing" - love that banjo!! :D

First metal CD Metallica - AJFA. (the album that got me into metal and before I heard this I thought metal was mindless shoutin n' roarin :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

FX Meister wrote:
    Freddie Mercury - Safe sex on tape.

Fag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Meatloaf-Bat out of hell II for my birthday, classic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

X-Dawg wrote:
    Fag.

Fag? The music world is littered with 'fags' as you so eloquently put it.
    I take it you're young, ignorant and bit of a ****.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Divine comedy - fin de secile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Thats a rather good album actually. Tempted to go and see them in the olympia if there are still ticket.

Listening to a track by a band called "Dr. John Harbarson - The State Pathologist"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

First I ever had bought for me: Status Quo Greatest Hits ... class then .. class now

First I ever bought myself: Faith No More The Real THing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Lynard Skynard!.....cant remember what the name of it was now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Flight of Icarus EP - Iron Maiden
    (while on family hollerdays in Blackpool.. :o )

- lamps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

The first metal album i got was Kill em all!....loved it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

God all you people and your 'cool' first albums! Bah! Im not going to lie(not saying everyone else is)-mine was Spicegirls. I was like 7 or something! I think that was it anyway. Thankfully my taste has improved since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Scooter - And the beat goes on. :o

(although I had got 2 Unlimited - No Limits as a present before that)

I'm so, so sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

ouch, feeling bit older after reading this,

hit mix 86, double vinyl got in golden disks in nutgrove s/c in dublin, was 9
    first decent one was joshua tree, quued outside swan centre in rathmines for that!!, ah god be with the days!!

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Queen Live Killers - with the money from my 13th birthday. 2nd was Boomtown Rats.

Really gives away my age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

either smashing pumpkins - siamese dreams or greenday - kerrplunk.

tis to long ago to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

one of the now cds.. now 28 or something, I have still have that cassette lying around somewhere. had disarm by the pumpkins on it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

The Clash - Story of the Clash, Vol. 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alancool

What was the first record you bought? This is one of those questions asked on first dates. I am loathed to admit the first record I bought was Fame the soundtrack. It was a 6 inch vinyl and to this day I hold it responsible for the lack of second dates. :)

Advertisement