Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Album You Ever Bought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Nice one Baggio I have the Tain too - great album!

The first record I bought out of me own birthday money was Non Stop Pop - from an 80's Irish music TV show hosted by Gerry Ryan

After that I think it was Durran Durran Rio Oh dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

The first one i bought was i think,

fat of the land - prodigy
    then,
    muddy banks of the wishkah - nirvana

but the first album i was given was

bad - michael jackson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Chakotha.,
    ..hey how goes it,,,goood taste The Tain - Horslips: it's an outstanding album eh!? If the Rock lads here could stand a little Irish trad mixed with good rock music they'd realise that this really is an alltime classic,,brilliantly written, excuted and put together,,I read an old media press from the states about this lately where they realy thought it was THE best concept album theyd ever heard,,,really lads you GOT to hear The Tain - Irelands finest moment in ,music

check it out!! ciao'.....Baggio,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Interesting to see I'm not the only growed-up Queen fan round here. The first album I bought was Queen's A Day At The Races (no synths) to follow on from A Night at the Opera which was given to me as a present. I think I also got Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road as a present the same year - I still love the 'Funeral for a Friend' instrumental intro track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 little invitro

First album purchase...after running in to Woolworths with my confirmation money in hand and lashed out a massive5.99....on...Replicas by Tubeway Army.....I've still got it but it has been superceeded by the CD reissue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

First Cd was Paradise in the Picturehouse - The Stunning, cause it was cheap. Still like it though. "Roll and Tumble" still an all time favourite track of mine. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

"I Just can't stop it" The Beat one of those big black 12" round things. thats right i am old. it was back in the good? old days when it woz cool to wear white socks and U2 was not as popular as sliced bread :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

First ever album- The Spice Girls.
    First good album- Nirvana- Bleach

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

My first album Was both Oasis-Definetly Maybe and Pulp-Different Class Given to me at Christmas Time.First album I also bought was The Spice Girls and a Band Called Nervous Dont Ask I was going through a bad stage then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

ugh vague memories. hmm, may have been a bootleg doom soundtrack that one of my mates recorded from his pc and sold to me for 2 quid or whatever (midi never rocked so good), the first cd i bought was euphoria, not ashamed and still listen to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

The first album i ever bought was Ocean Drive by the Lighthouse Family!!!!! Oh such memories!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 markisevil

Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

The first album i bought personaly was Led Zep 2 , My dad had a lot of good music eg.G'N'R, most of the Led Zep stuff and some other cool stuff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

casper the soundtrack and pink floyd the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast Lp

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park.
    Agh, the joys of teenage angst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

First album - Take That: Everything Changes *shame*
    First metal/rock - Green Day: Dookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

i bought a mix cd, but only cos it had the betty boop song on it... now thats good music

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Gang Green: Older Budwieser (Vinal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SalmonMoose

oh dear, michael jackson: Bad, on tape.
    and now i like rock(or whatever the fúck this noise is).
    hmmm...?
    makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

ELO out of the blue.

No.....This can't be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

the first album i ever got was Metallica - Kill 'em All back in 94

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Free All Angels, i didn't buy CD's for years, convinced they were a mind controll device (i'm not lying) [i can't swear can i?]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

blur- park life(on tape), great album by a great band. although i just bought the greatest hits last month for 5 euro, which is just as good :D
    dont know about the first one i was given, 'cats - the musical' perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

First album i bought was a michael jackson tape...either 'bad' or 'dangerous', but the first cd album i bought was most definitely 'not just a pretty face' by dustin - a landmark release :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

First album eh?

House of Pain - House of Pain ( Fine Malt Lyrics )
    Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

I bought them both together on the same day, and I still listen to them both.

First album I taped of a mate's brother, however, was Nevermind, and I played it until the cheap blank tape snapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

REM - Automatic for the People

herobear wrote:
    blur- park life(on tape), great album by a great band. although i just bought the greatest hits last month for 5 euro, which is just

Great band.....Great album!
    where did you bag the greatist hits album for 5 Euro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

MJ be the king

*moonwalks away*

Advertisement