Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus fare..?

• 01-10-2004 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Ok stupid question for all the dubs out there... but by my nickname i wouldnt know the price. How much roughly is a bus ticket between 2 and 8 miles out of city? Can you get a weekly ticket that allows you to hop on and off wherever? Or a monthly ticket? or whatever

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

thanks, the most obvious thing to do. Duh! How on earth am i gonna survive :eek:

you'll be grand , you must be just over stimulated being in the big smoke and not thinking straight ! ;)

no *choke* fresh country *cough* air *cough and choke*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you are going to be travelling regularly on the bus get one of the tickets. A weekly or monthly or even an annual one if you are going to be in Dublin permanently. I use the buses a lot so I have an annual one myself. It is over €600, but well worth it. They save you money and there is the convenience. You can use them at any time and even on the Nitelink. No fiddling with change and you can usually get on the bus a lot quicker as the ticket queue moves a lot faster than the cash one. Say you are waiting for a particular bus, but the next best one comes along and you get on it. Then if you spot the best option coming along behind you a bit later, you can get off the one you are on and onto the other without having to worry about paying a new fare, or going to the driver to get a transfer ticket. I've done that a few times. It is very handy having the ticket. I haven't paid a cash fare on a bus for years.

• Advertisement

no *choke* fresh country *cough* air *cough and choke*

Maith an cailín

hmm well im a student... i cant afford over 600e! I think the weekly one of 16e will do grand tho no feckin nitelink.... uhh whats a student to do. Ya cant win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

If you're a student and thinking about buying a monthly card you should get a travel student card. They're only €12 and can save you quite a bit (up to €30 a month depending on what type of ticket you buy).

www.studenttravelcard.ie

cheers angel. sounds like a good plan! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

im 14, its 55c for me to go to a local area and 80c for me to go to town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

2-8 miles from the city centre should be €1.25, €1.45, €1.65 or €1.75 (futher out the higher the fare - but that's a no-brainer)

However as has already been mentioned if you are commuting regularily a monthly ticket is better value

cheers, i'm a bit over the 14 mark but thanks
    And id say thats the case that it gets dearer as they say they arent the St. Vincent de Paul.... unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

The annual ones work on the nitelink? Do the monthly ones?

Nope, according to the website the monthly ones can't be used on the nitelink, 1st thing I checked! I still have to pay €6.00 grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

tho no feckin nitelink.... uhh whats a student to do. Ya cant win!

Get the last bus home?

Get the last bus home?

It's at 11.30! well to maynooth neways. not much of a night out :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How much is the weekly bus pass when you have a travel student card? The website says €15 but a couple of people told me its €10. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I got it for 15, that's in Dublin anyway. Last time I bought it was a few months ago tho. Could the 10 euro be for schoolchildren? A few really young looking people in my class got away w/ paying child fares for a while till the drivers started copping on that we were at college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

A 1week student pass is e15.

There seems to be no way to avoid paying for the nightlink, a bit of a shame in a way, but even still, it's still less than the price of a pint so I can't complain too much...

Advertisement