Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some suggestions regarding f*ck up

• 01-10-2004 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Yesterday a family memeber recieved a parcel from UPS but it was for our neighbour who was out of his house at the time and the man came round to get it last night opened up the box and said I never ordered anything of the sort it must be yours I dont want it. Im left with someone elses delivery what will happen?

Oh and no well do the moral thing ring UPS track it back answers.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

What is it? Might be worth keeping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

What is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It is WELL worth keeping, I just dont know whether to use it or not because of the situation.

Im due some goodluck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Well if the address was next door just say nothing for a week or 2. After that just deny you ever got it! It's insured through UPS anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Boggle wrote:
    Well if the address was next door just say nothing for a week or 2. After that just deny you ever got it! It's insured through UPS anyway.

Yeah, but wouldn't they have signee's name which is his/her relative. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I am Man wrote:
    Oh and no well do the moral thing ring UPS track it back answers.

So, you want us to tell you what to do with it, as long as it isn't the right and moral thing... You just want our approval to keep it then? Perhaps to help justify the decision you've clearly already made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh... this is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction...

Yeh it was signed for so I think I will lay low for a while and see if anything becomes of it. I certainly dont want to have to pay the money for it.

And no not really I just wanted to know if UPS will come knocking on my door. Might have happened to someone before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah go on, tell us what it is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

go on, tell us what it is......

Interlink delivered a Dell XGA projector instead of a set of speakers to me by accident before, back when the listed price was 4k plus on their site. I held on to it for two weeks to see if they'd come looking for it, but no. Eventually I felt too guilty and rang them up, the phone jockey I spoke to was audibly incredulous of me calling to give it back.

• Advertisement

It isn't a giant dildo is it? And the neighbour refused ownership because you were standing there and they were embarrassed?

Its a, its a, its a....radeon 9800 pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

I am MAN wrote:
    sorry and that is what exactly?

graphics card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

this guys an arse - this threads arse - boycot it now

It'a graphics card isn't it?

obviously the neighbour didn't know what it was either...

It might show up on their credit card statement though.... then they'll come looking for you...

Yeah I suppose all people who ask questions are asses too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

there would be enough info on it to contact whoever the sender is and find out what to do. They will no doubt compensate you for sending it back. Personally I would contact the sender and see what happens, tell them exactly what happened , you never know they might never want it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I am MAN wrote:

hey cool thats a nice treat that is.... keep it... i would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

only stupid questions - and i said arse not ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Blub2k4 wrote:
    They will no doubt compensate you for sending it back.

ha ha
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    you never know they might never want it back.

ha ha ha

Yeah good man real stupid.

Has anyone else experienced a mix up like this?

on the other hand i ordered a 9800xt from dabs once and it went astray i spent a month of frustration attempting to get a replacement. Personally that was an unpleasant time for me cos I was reeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to the card and I can place myself in the position of the person who ordered the card who is right now calling and emailing frantically prolly asking where has his gfx card gone..... as much as i think u should keep it id also argue to give it back thus enabling the real receiver to get his card he ordered......... but i only say that cos like him/her i went through the same thing. but still yur choice and id still sway towards keeping it.... (morals only go so far when there is a higher 3dmark to be had :)

I've been sent a few DVDs in error from Play.com and CDWOW

I always send them back and they usually refund me the cost of postage.

That said, they've always been brutal films that I wouldn't want to hang on to in a million years...

it sounds like a nice piece of kit but cos your relative signed for it im sure they will try and get in contact with them when they realise the mistake that is after occuring.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Were the name and address both correct on the package? Ring them claiming to be the person named on it asking where your graphics card is. They'll either say "What're you on about mate, you never ordered anything of the sort" or tell you it was delivered to your neighbour (i.e. you).

It was addressed to my neighbour with his name this is why im confused. The guy said he didnt order anything of the sort!

Kids ordering with his credit card? Seems like a gift from the gods if not.

That's what I was saying. His credit card has no doubt been charged for the item, either by a member of his family or in error on the part of the store who sent the item.

It's very unlikely that something was sent out to the addressee without the addressee being charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Return it, its not yours and especially if your neighbours card has been charged for it. You don't want to start a feud over a stupid piece of electronics !!!

gandalf wrote:
    Return it, its not yours and especially if your neighbours card has been charged for it. You don't want to start a feud over a stupid piece of electronics !!!
    yeap and everyone in here knows your right gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

UnkleRosco was trying to sell a damaged 9800 pro :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=190311

Why not do a deal with him, but the broken one in the box and then ring ups to come back and collect it ?
    Goods get returned to sender but must somehow mysteriously got damaged in transit......... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I'd just put it in a drawer and leave it for a few weeks ....see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Might be possible that the wife entered the wrong catalogue number and was ordering a dress or make up or something. I say this because the neighbour didnt remember ordering whatever it was.

Best thing to do is send it back, Like I have said in the TV licence thread, chances are you will get caught for it on the one day you havent two pennies to rub together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Firstly, you should ask your neighbour to check with his family to see if they ordered it. Maybe his son (girls can't play games) ordered it and it slipped the fathers mind at that time. If it were me, I'd keep it as UPS always screw me over.

• Advertisement

Yeah im gonna drop around this evening and see but he made it clear that it wasnt his or anything like that. I have every intention on keeping this product unless ups come calling and i have no guilty feelings about it :)

thanks for the replies

cruel man..... someone somewhere will cry themselves to sleep tonight cos there new 9800pro didnt arrive and in the morning they will turn on their pc (equipped with a gf4 mx) and start crying anew.

on saying that id still keep it but at least id feel guilty about it :)

What do you reckon their response will be when the person who ordered it rings up to ask where it is?

"Oh, right, well we simply put an entirely different name and address on it and delivered it there, while still charging it to you, so you're on your own."

the person who ordered it will get a replacement card eventually but its still the wait involved, as i said earlier when my gfx card went missing i had to endure a month of daily emails with the badly trained monkeys in Dabs customer services before they relented and sent me a replacement..... during which time I was very pissed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

here look if you dont want to keep it, give it here :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement