Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish me Luck!..and can i have some final help..

Options
  • 01-10-2004 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

The stackers here...the W/C is all here

its time to change over to water!!!!!

although ...can u jsut give me a little help here, i know where im gonna put everything ive just gotta go measure and cut the tubing (btw whats best to cut 1/2" stuff?..scissors or a knife..or doesnt it matter?)

but ... whats the exact procedure for testing it and stuff..ok i get my tubes cut to length...or roughly i take it it doesnt matter if there too big as long as u can fit it all in (better than too small ;) )

then ...i? take all the bits out..place em on a tray or something..plug the pump and rad fan in and just start it up?..or what...i dont know if theres an on or off or anything i havent even looked at the pump yet (DD12V-D4)

but i know most people are taking the motherboard out to connect the waterblock to the board and stuff...since ive gotta take the motherboard out of the Xaser now seems like a good time to do everything i need tonight, so how would you all go about it?

also when i test it...do i ...fill the res up and everything with ..oh balls! ive just realised i dont have any distilled water in the house..does this mean i cant test it?...isnt there anything i can use, we only have tap and ..crap like mineral water...argh! i completely forgot ..didnt think id need anything special because the custom kit i bought didnt mention it...noooo

but if i can use other stuff...do i need to put the water wetter in for the test..then just leave it going...and then how do i empty it after the test?

sorry for all these questions i just want to get it spot on and done as smoothly as possible, im lost without my main rig :o

and my wireless on my laptop has decided to die on me for no reason so im stuck here with a cheap old monitor plugged into my server :rolleyes:

any advice in the next few hours would be great as im currently stripping the thermaltake! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Just dive in.

"How hard can it be?" ;)
    -Homer Simpson 199x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

hmm looks like ive gotta lose 1 of the hard drive coolers...stacker has 11 5.25 bays yeh, 2 opticals...2 hdd coolers....a fan controller...then i need the 4 3.25's in 3 5.25's cage to house my res..and the rad is about 3 and a half bays if i want to mount it at the front...hmm im gonna have to play around here...im half a bay too short :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

good luck man, and take some pics of the before, during and after, we're all interested (well, i am anyway).

thanks

well ive got a few pics i took of the insides of the case and the front, but ive had to change the front to accomodate the res going up top

i was just cutting the tubing tonight and ive jammed the rad up front with a bit of wood to stop it moving, its held in well i dunno whether ill change it in the future, but yeh tighting things up was all ive done ill take a pic of the circuit....

BUT...some dickhead! didnt put rubber seals on the rad barbs...so i tightened everything up...rad in place..res in place...pump in place...and then ive just got the cpu block away from the cpu incase..well i started filling up the res with some distilled water and waterwetter...went down everything..fine..or it seemed to...was checking all the seals..didnt appear to be a problem (pump wasnt on)..but then i noticed..right the bottom...2 little drips from between the barbs and the rad itself...FFS!...so ive had to empty it all and my dads gonna nick some sealant of some form from work tomorrow...pissed me off this..after drying it all up (the puddles got quite big) ...im now in a mood..so im going to bed :(

this could screw some photos up as ive got the rad..in an odd place at the moment trying to stop it leaking elsewhere tonight....sigh ****ing brilliant..

argh dad doesnt get home for another 2hrs so im reduced to a bit of UT2k4 on the lappy

but i took a few snaps yesterday if your interested anyways

ok theres 4 pics, the pic of the "front" will be changed anyway because the res is now at the top, and like i said ive got all the tubing cut to size ill take a pic when these damn batterys charge up for the cam....it looks a mess for now but u will get the idea..its just work under construction

:cool:

as long as whatever my dad nabs from work does the job it should be pretty much finished by tonight, all i will have to do is slap some AS5 on the cpu..attach the waterblock, then plug all my drives in and awaayy we go :D

• Advertisement

ok a few more snaps for the hell of it , but like i said with the cpu block and radiator out and unplugged..it looks a little dodgy..but what the hell :D

more to follow
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

dodgey if u have an PCI cards!!

nope ive made it so it bends over em theres plenty of room between the end of the pci bay and the side of the case..plenty of room for a tube

and i dont have any anway ;)

on another note...i have a new problem now ...ive got foam ...and i dont know why

im using about 1 cap full of water wetter in a litre and half of distilled water...the res seems to have a layer of foam and some of the tubing has a hint of foam in...but when u start it up the whole tube goes white and foamy :eek:

any ideas??

edit - i see what u mean jammer them pics are misleading...honestly the case is so wide i can get the fatest pci card in and theres still about...4" from the other side of the case..its hugggeeee :D

no leaks though..good old PTFE tape :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

could just be the air in the system, should fade away, generaly in a few hours.

well ill let it run for a while now...i want it to calm down before i add my uv dye ;)

• Advertisement

ok

you have to be ****ting me, i have to be the most unlucky person in the world..ever!

got it all sorted, tipped the res so i could cram as much water in as possible..which is actually making the water clearer..so thats that sorted

but the ****ing block is leaking!

i dont mean where i have attached the tubing but u know the maze 4 has the big...glass looking top then underneath it there is like..4 layers of copper all the same size attached underneath (the bit that goes on the cpu..any maze 4 owners will know anyway)

but these are held together in 4 areas by some funny type screws....well 1 of these screws..between the 2nd and 3rd layer of copper i have a rather tiny leak...its not enough to notice if i was in a rush but its certainly enough for it to be sent back...Argh! why does nothing go my way, how god damn unlucky....if i can get them to take it back im gonna try and switch it for a tdx ...."if"

...sigh

\o/ they will replace it
    \o/ they will swap for a tdx as long as i write a little note
    /o\! they want to charge me £15+ postage to send it back for testing..its gonna be like another week ...god nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Advertisement