Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hangin On The Telephone!...........

• 01-10-2004 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

OK,
    This is a pet peev of mine over the last year,.....
    Why is it, that people who are employed to answer phones in big companies feel they dont need to bother?

What I propose is, when you have been left "hangin on the telephone" with somwhere for an unreasonable amount of time, post the experience *here* so we all can know whether or not we should clear a day to get thru to that company! ;)

Basically I think somthing like this...... these are mine for this week.

B&Q Liffey Valley- (1st time) 30mins (2nd time) 20mins- Note: Both times the phone was lifted off the hook and hung up! Never even answered!
    (Try it yourself, this happens all the time apparently!)

NTL- Wed, 2pm, 15mins holding b4 answered (But when eventually answered was v helpfull) :)

ESB- Thurs 12pm 10mins Holding before answered.

How bout you? ;)

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try calling at 9:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Gordon lol, iv usually only been in bed 2 hours at 930am! lolol ;)

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

They do bother, it's just the other 200 or so callers vying for the attention of the 5 phone jockeys, and in the case of the B&Q, the rabid crowd desperately trying to hand money over to them.

Next time you do get through ask them if you can have your own personal line, or ask them for their mobile number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Most companies try to save money by getting as few people as possible to do as much work as possible. Even if you're the best worker in the world, it's not possible to be efficient in certain work environments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

impr0v wrote:
    They do bother, it's just the other 200 or so callers vying for the attention of the 5 phone jockeys, and in the case of the B&Q, the rabid crowd desperately trying to hand money over to them.

Next time you do get through ask them if you can have your own personal line, or ask them for their mobile number.

Sheesh improv, take a chill pill,.... ;);)
    Im NOT blaming the "phone jockeys" as *such* but there are places, and I know for a fact B&Q is one of them, having a familly member working there, that the phones are rarely answered even when the place is quiet (which, it is most weekdays until 6pm btw).

But yes, 90% of the blame does go to the companies themselves for not employing enuf ppl, I agree. :)

B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

what i hate is when the mic is turned off and all thats there is silence, i was like this when i was trying to get an insurace quote!!! i was there for nearly 30 mins before i heard a voice on the line again that really annoys me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭samo

I worked for a company who shall remain nameless in their call centre where if we felt like having a yap we'd all sit there with our headsets off so the calls would come in hear nothing and would disconnect...and we got paid 10e per hour for such fun at annoying our paying customers and browsing the internet. Was great but having said that still annoys me simply because I know exactly how little the majority of call centre reps are bothered at taking your call when it comes to me having to ring somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

12, 2 etc..

Try calling at off peak times. Lunchtimes are always a bad time to call, because everyone has the same idea as you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Try ringing vodafone you can be on hold with them for up to half an hour. I hope gerry fish burns in hell for that bloody song

or eircom. after spending half an hour talking to a computer that doesnt understand you you get to listen to ads about how great their cordless phones are and how to order them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol

Anyone been stuck on hold without a speaker phone and you have to keep your ear to the phone in case they pick up and put down quickly - and the hold music is a skipping CD?

*dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk dunk...*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

Why wait so long,
    better not to bother, send an email or fax.
    if they still dont reply go elsewhere.!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

The worst has to be either the Revenue Commissioners or the Companies Registration Office ... I swear I spend @ least an hour on hold everyday to those b@stards :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bunnyefey

The Visa office are a royal pain in the butt. You're always on hold for at least 30 minutes and somehow the call always ends up being cut off so you have to ring back again and start the whole process.

Advertisement