Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Freshers Ball

Options
  • 01-10-2004 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Wondering if anyone has any spare tickets for the freshers ball on Tuesday night? I'm lucky enough to have got one but some of my mates left it too late. Surely someone out there has a few excess tickets they're holding onto. PM me if you have some please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tell him/her/it to go to the venue on the evening, an hour or so after it starts. Look for the HUGE group of people turned away and buy their tickets, cheap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I have a spare ticket which I want to get rid of (at cost value of course). Will meet in UCD Monday. Im eager to get rid of it since i dont want to be left 20E less well off so first come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I need 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd just like to know what in the blue hell is the point of having in Naas this year? I mean, thats in a whole other county!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Naas?Why,if I had a girlfriend she'd be furious. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

what do copius amounts of people get turned away for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Being underage (lots of first years aren't actually 18 yet - and they're ultra-strick about it). Or being too shítfaced on various substances to be allowed in the door, thats always the worst! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

My spare ticket is sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Anyone got another one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Well i was waiting at me 17 bus stop last night watchin all the people headin off to the ball on buses and turns out they had ordered the wrong amount of bus's and 400 drunk people were told to wait an hour or so till more busses came, There was alot of angry people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

how did it go for you all??

heard alot of ppl mention it was a let down but i thought it was pretty good since im a pretty big ash fan and i ended up talking to tim wheeler (their lead singer) for about 5 mins while republic of loose were on,really nice guy i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

great craic. i was pissed off my face by the time ash came on, but still had great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Gileadi wrote:
    i ended up talking to tim wheeler (their lead singer) for about 5 mins while republic of loose were on,really nice guy i thought

Dam he fine.was in the pit at slane years ago, right beside him as he came down the stage and did a guitar solo...hmm..my knees still go weak...hmmmm

Anyway i heard something like a couple of hundred ppl didnt end up going and getting refunds or something to do with the gardai being strict on capicity for fire/people going mental and breakin things reasons...what happened? or was this like a chinese whisper i picked up...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

600 people were refused because the venue told the SU at the last minute that the capacity was reduced. SU gave everyone refused a full refund, a free drink and gig in Stu Bar and free into Sin nightclub that night. not a freshers ball for them but not the SU's fault.

Advertisement