Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combatcow - what water cooling setup do you have + what temps do you get?

Options
  • 01-10-2004 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Noticed your PC specs in your sig, and took a look at the pics, any chance you can elaborate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

this is why Mr. Vbulletin invented PM's mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a lot of other people could be interested in this aswell.

i for one am and im hoping combatcow post pictures just so i can see his CM stacker :mad: (lucky git) :mad:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Have a look at post no 80 on this thread ...now there is a pretty machine!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:p

Well i am running amd's cool n' quiet at the moment, but my idle temps are, cpu- 26'C and system is 22'C under load....i havent checked load temps in a while so i cant remember what they are, i will put up another pic or two of my setup ''slightly changed'' on wednesday when i have a day off work. :D

Anything else you want to know ?

Thanks,

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

What does your ultra clock to/temps with the cool-matic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

which watercooling are you using? I get pretty much the same temps, then again my temps sensor mightnt be right, as I can touch the waterblock and it doesn't even feel warm! where you get that window? I'm looking for one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

You'd think that CombatCow was the only person using H2O :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

BeatFreak wrote:
    You'd think that CombatCow was the only person using H2O :p

hehe a touch of the green eyed monster? oh hold on your right ;)

tehehe

Aye your right beat, we should have a thread for ''round up of water cooling kits'' to see the good and bad points of them... :p

Erm its the Innovatek xxs kit from hitide.ie that im using atm with a second rad and different watertank and also homemade one, Ave i havent tryd clocking the card yet but it's 38'C idle and 45'C iirc under load at stock speeds.I got the stacker window from frozencpu.com for $40, tiz well sweet. :cool:

CC

Actually i just started overclocking my gfx card out of boredom and got a nice score in 3dmark 2005 - 5,112

The core was 470MHz and ram was 1.22GHz

I doubt the core will go much higer than 470MHz but still i think thats an impressive clock so far...and has given me a good performance increase..

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

I just got a new pump.
    http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Pumps/dd12vd4.asp

I chucked out all my old tubing a few months back, now I'm damned if I can find any 1/2" or 12mm tubing.

Checked B&Q, Woodies, Atlantic and any H/ware places between Blanch and Navan.
    Hitide only do 8mm.

Anyone seen any locally?

When I get it installed I'll list setup and temps (I promise)

ViperVenoM might be able to help you out there, he has the same pump as you got...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=192164

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

aha someone else purchased this...

your looking for some tubing...hmm lemme find what ive got left, i got a 10ft roll of 1/2" DD clearflex..

ere we are, ive got about...4 or 5ft of it left, i would probably have more but i cut my tubing a little too long as i wanted to be better safe than sorry ;)

however , you prob live in ireland...so im not so "local" as im in england :rolleyes:

..ive got my own problems now, the waterblock isnt warm to touch.....the tubing isnt warm to touch..yet my wonderful bios claims its 44 @ idle, god dammit i hate this bios, im about to flash to the offical 1.4 but i just know something will go wrong :rolleyes:

i seriously think its wrong, it says my system temp is 41 ive just stuck my hand inside my case and it is no warmer than outside at all!..infact wheres that thermometer im gonna put it in for a while, id say its more like 20, which would make me think its doing the 20+ error, ...which would then make my cpu 24, which i hardly doubt :eek: ..well i dunno this is my first watercooling kit so god knows what temps i should get, i wouldnt have thought im getting better temps than CombatCow though, his is just soooo tidy inside compared to mine :rolleyes:

if anyone could tell me what temps you think i should be getting id be grateful, but prosta lemme know where you are, this tubing may be tooo far away, i mean i dont need it, mines done now i wont be upgrading it at all, i doubt ill even watercool future vid cards for the next year or so so i defo wont be needing it ;)

Thanks Venom but I'm in Ireland. A bit outside Dublin in a hole of a place called Navan. Will get some online. Though I only need about 3feet

Have u tried Motherboard Monitor. I used it to monitor temps. Its bound to be more accurate then your bios. I didnt check but hopefully your mobo is supported - http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

I read somewhere that a pump can add heat to a system so I plumbed mine from pump to rad to cpu, Nbridge, vid and back to pump.

Saw your case in the stickey - sweet

thx :D

and sorry i cant be any help with the tubing :rolleyes:

i thought MBM just read from the bios anyway?

well i was told to get it some time back, it seems the bios and MBM agree on 1 temp, add about 5 degrees and thats what MSI's stupid corecentre reads, here i am typing away with winamp playing and MBM claims my cpu is 43 and my system temp is 41..core centre is saying 49 and 48..i give in :rolleyes:

the waterblock/tubing aint even warm! damn you MSI!!!!

as for the pump giving off heat, i didnt know this, i touched the pump and its not warm at all so i dont know about that :rolleyes: , ill be curious to hear what temps your getting though, because i dont know whether to take 5, 10, 15 or 20 off mine, i really dont :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

MBM uses the same temp sensors your bios does and will not provide a more accurate reading of your temps

i dont know how to judge it, i know with the heatsink u can touch the base of it and get an idea of the actual cpu temp

with watercooling, i dont know, you guys with w/c, are your blocks or tubing warm?

mines are both..well they aint warm or cool, just...normal :rolleyes:

yet it currently says 52 degrees, ...im having difficulty overclocking at the mo anyway so i guess the temps aint an issue, i just read an in depth guide to OC'ing an A64 and got rather confused :eek:

Ya blocks/tubes/rad - neither warm nor cold
    Body temprature - matches the 33-38C AsusProbe is reporting for me.

Asus P4S800D-E
    P4 2.6 @2.86
    Northbridge
    9800pro @ 378/337

dunno if specs help indicate load.

just played some UT2004...to find it go DOWN 3 degrees, heh i dont know whether to laugh at the comedy or cry coz of the crappy bios

Advertisement