Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIS 2005 slowdown?

Options
  • 02-10-2004 12:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Dammit to hell, you lash out 4+ grand on a state-of-the-art PC and try to protect it, what happens?....Norton slow the damn thing down :mad:

Legit copy of Norton Internet Security 2005, got the downloadable version from Symantec, but now just before i go into the desktop there is a 5-10 second lag, it's like it's trying to scan the floppy drive before going onto the desktop.

I have disabled all floppy scan options and i get the same effect, any idea what it might be or how to reslove it?

Bloddy hell, you wanna be protected from bugs, but not at the expense of waiting around for the software to scan or do something in the background.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Norton is known as a complete system hog, unfortunately you already have bought it, should have tried Panda Platinum or BitDefenter 8 (both of which offer better security and are much less harsh on resourses).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Im using NIS 03, with no problems at all, and have had previous version aswell also with none of the problems stated above. Perhaps this is an issue related with NIS 05 only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It is, it's related to NIS 2004-05, i also have 2003 and it's perfect. I wanted to try out '05 as i always have to have the latest a greatest.

Sadly i paid for it, like a moron :rolleyes:
    Might sell it if anyone is interested?

Advertisement