Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cigars

• 02-10-2004 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I've lately developed a bit of a thing for cigars. I never really smoked cigarette's apart from a brief experimentation in school but I just didn't like them.
    It all started when my sister-in-law had a baby last year and I got 3 cigars from the decent cigar emporium on Grafton St for my brother my dad and myself to celebrate (Before anyone cries sexist, I got my sister in law a voucher for a beauty spa place).
    Anyway, the guys in the decent cigar emporium recommended romeo y julieta cigars ("No 1" comes in the aluminium tube) and I loved it. I now smoke about 1 a week at home in the apartment while watching a film and having a drink, sometime 2 if I'm going wild.
    Thing is at nearly 15€ each it's a bit pricey for what is max a half hours enjoyment.

I'm sure there's a few other cigar smokers out there, so does any one know of any good websites that are cheaper than shops here and ship to Ireland (Most of the US sites seem to only ship to the US) ?

Penfolds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Penfolds wrote:
    (Before anyone cries sexist, I got my sister in law a voucher for a beauty spa place)
    A voucher for a beauty spa place? Not a cigar, you sexist pig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

sceptre wrote:
    A voucher for a beauty spa place? Not a cigar, you sexist pig?

She'd only just managed to give up smoking when she found out she was pregnant so I wasn't going to re-aquaint her with her old friend mr tobacco.
    Anyway, it cost me 60€ for the voucher, but then she did have 7 months of throwing up and a 14 hour labour so I wouldn't begrudge her a euro of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Can't answer your question, but cigars can indeed be a very pleasant way to pass the time, even the more common ones like Henri Wintermans, etc. (not hamlet). However, having given up cigarettes in the past year, I can't smoke any of the bastard things for fear of stoking the fires of nicotine craving.

Advertisement