Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft European Closed Beta Test Starts!

Options
  • 02-10-2004 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

http://en.wow-europe.com/
    The European Closed Beta Test of World of Warcraft starts today and European gamers will be able to test the very latest version of the game, which includes the latest content and updates, following the push yesterday in North America and Korea. Moving forward, Beta Testers in Europe, North American and Korea will have access to the same content as future pushes will occur simultaneously in all territories.
    The European Beta Test will initially offer the English language version, and in due course the French and German language versions will be introduced to the testing process.

The game will be tested in multiple phases and the first phase of Beta Testers is currently being notified by e-mail. This notification process will continue daily over the next few days. Thereafter, additional testers will be included each time a new phase begins and they will be notified by e-mail accordingly at the time. We intend to do our utmost to include as many players as possible from the pool of those who signed up to join the European Closed Beta Test.

We would like to thank again everyone who has signed up and wish you all the very best of luck in being selected.

May our paths cross in World of Warcraft!

well did anyone get in ???????

Damn i been waitin on this for so damn long :D

Taps foot while waiting on his Email invite

Misty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

nothing yet in any of my registered e-mail address :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

none here either, i just moved to scotland aswell and don't have my own internet access so even if i do get it i will need to come up with broadband access pretty quickly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Go read any of the US forums for WoW (beta or otherwise) and see the amount of people who got in from the states :rolleyes: :mad: .

They blatantly ignored Blizzard's rules on sign up and used multiple addresses, including Hotmail. I'm one of 10 Irish/UK people I know that signed up once using genuine details and none of us have heard d*ck.

Blizzard are f*cktards: same thing happened with their other betas over the years and they seem to keep making the same faux pas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I also used multiple e-mails, but i had every intention of sharing any extras here. Still, i'm surprised that blizzard allowed that many american's to get accounts. Surely the could apply some kind of IP filter (temporarily) and disallow them from entering the server, to make room for US europeans, who this beta was for1.

Damn them all to heck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I also used multiple e-mails, but i had every intention of sharing any extras here. Still, i'm surprised that blizzard allowed that many american's to get accounts. Surely the could apply some kind of IP filter (temporarily) and disallow them from entering the server, to make room for US europeans, who this beta was for1.

Damn them all to heck!
    Yeah especially since they're "forcing" the servers anyhow for latency/ping stability. There's guuys out there using bots to sign up, maybe getting a few invites out of a few hundred applications and going selling the beta keys on auction sites.

Oh just to mention that an english guy on a US forum I use got in, but the download server is snowed under with requests, and he's been trying to get it for 2 days :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Hah, lets get revenge on them by joining in the American only Open beta test. Bet they'll use IP filtering for this one :(
    World of Warcraft Open Beta Sign-ups Coming Soon! - Ordinn on 10/07/04
    We are happy to announce that we will soon be accepting applicants for the World of Warcraft® Open Beta Test for North America. The open phase of beta will give people a chance to enter Azeroth and play World of Warcraft before the game is released. More details will become available in the days ahead, so stay tuned.
    [From http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone know when the open beta starts ? cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

There's no information on that. Do bear in mind though that it does say it's for North America so they might be clever and try to exclude us orkish europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm in the closed Beta, onyl registered one e-mail. only found the bloody e-mail 2 days ago!

Been playing it all day, so far I'm impressed, graphics are good, they don't go over the top like iN SWG so that you lag in a crowded area, but they are very nice, nicer than FFXI/CoH imo.

Gameplay is also great, it's completely quest oriented, as soon as you start off you have to do quests for people, the great thing is that the quests keep leading you on to different areas when you're finished the area you are in, the world is HUGE, I'm on the PvP svr so I only have access to the alliance side but it really is massive and very well detailed. Controls and fighting are very good and simple, I'dd best the best way to describe it is an updated version of Dark Age of camelot only with far better quests and it's set in the WoW universe. You can deffo see the DAoC inspiration in the game!

Very impressed so far, was kinda anxious about it as there's been so many bad MMORPGs of late like city of heroes, matrix online, star wars galaxies, but WoW looks very promising, and it's almost bugless which is superb for a Closed beta, just what I expected from Blizzard.

I'll post a few screenshots tomorrow when I've played it more, but a big thumbs up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Cina wrote:
    I'm in the closed Beta, onyl registered one e-mail. only found the bloody e-mail 2 days ago!

Been playing it all day, so far I'm impressed, graphics are good, they don't go over the top like iN SWG so that you lag in a crowded area, but they are very nice, nicer than FFXI/CoH imo.

Gameplay is also great, it's completely quest oriented, as soon as you start off you have to do quests for people, the great thing is that the quests keep leading you on to different areas when you're finished the area you are in, the world is HUGE, I'm on the PvP svr so I only have access to the alliance side but it really is massive and very well detailed. Controls and fighting are very good and simple, I'dd best the best way to describe it is an updated version of Dark Age of camelot only with far better quests and it's set in the WoW universe. You can deffo see the DAoC inspiration in the game!

Very impressed so far, was kinda anxious about it as there's been so many bad MMORPGs of late like city of heroes, matrix online, star wars galaxies, but WoW looks very promising, and it's almost bugless which is superb for a Closed beta, just what I expected from Blizzard.

I'll post a few screenshots tomorrow when I've played it more, but a big thumbs up so far.

aye ever since DAOC i've been waiting for an MMO that does "meaningfull PvP" I was HOPING that SWG/The matrix online would provide it, but SWG didn't and it sounds like TMO is a not very promising. But so far all reports of WoW sounds very promising.

Whats the honour system like? does it work well? Are there good "rewards" for PvPing in game? what about things like keep takes etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cina wrote:

wh00t - been trying to find something as good as DAOC since I stopped playing...

Advertisement