Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats with this online test

• 02-10-2004 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Ive been failing broadband for months now because ive been on a pairgained line but ive been checking my line a lot because there is a lot of eircom work around my estate then last night i checked my line and it passed i thought great rang them this morning to order the 2 month free trial and they said my line is throwing up a fail and the site is not working to check the lines has anybody any idea if they would be going off an older database in eircom sales or does this type of freak pass happen often,
    Thanks
    Pete,
    Ps. i checked my line a few times over the night just to make sure so i know i put the right number in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

I believe they check all lines every 6 weeks so you have a max wait of 6 weeks until your line is flagged as a pass.

I'm in the same boat myself having just moved house to within 200m of an exchange but the line is still marked as a fail from it being in the old house

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭simonm2

Don't use Eircom. They cost the same - give you a lower cap and have absolutely lousey service. Sign up for EsatBt's trial or one of the others - as far as I can see they just use the the same online checking as you used on the website - if it passes on the website they will sign you up as far as I can tell. By the time the Esat trial is over there will be new better offerso n the market too.

Read my cautionary tale if you are subscribed to any of Eircom's services however.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=187362
    Check it in a few weeks again if you are curious about the court claim - I'll post the result.

Advertisement