Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some creative ideas

• 02-10-2004 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Im writing an essay on this phrase:

"...one big family hugging close to the ball of Earth for its life and being..."

I seriously need some ideas that I can build on because I am having a writers block :P

Denis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Try talking about the fact that this planet is actually astoundingly hostile to life, if even half of our geological records are anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Go on about the australian aborigine and american indian concept of the earth being a mother maybe. I'm sure it's a central plank in a lot of other cultures too.

http://www.vcu.edu/engweb/eng385/sbear.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ah, doing that LEaving Cert Exam paper? What was it, 2002 or something? I remember it well. :D (I did it in class that is.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Heh, I love those essay topics... what I did was pick one that I could approach from an unexpected angle which would allow me to write about something I could go on endlessly about.
    Tbh I think half the battle is chosing your topic and your angle on that topic... which for the sake of preparing for an exam, you should probably do on your own.
    I find once I've decided what direction I'm going in, the essay writes itself.

Advertisement