Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a line that passes BB test eventually fail?

• 02-10-2004 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

My line just passed the Broadband test this morning ( both esat and eircom ). Before today my line always failed so about a month or more ago i changed all the dodgy line extension leads in the house. It obviously worked. However I don't really want to get broadband straight away as i want to make sure I will have it over christmas and my three weeks off from college at the beginning of february. You see i'm not too sure if ill be taking up the broadband offer once the free trial is over. So what i want to do is order the free trial in three weeks time (it takes about three to four weeks to get setup anyway) so as my trial will only start in the middle of november and run straight through till the middle of february. What i want to know though is, is it possible that my line could fail the test three weeks down the road and i wouldn't be able to get any broadband at all. Surely once a line is entered as passing the test in eircoms database they will never change it back to failing cause they now know that the line is atleast capable of carrying a bb connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Once the line from outside the house going to the house passes your ok, as u said u removed all the extension wiring inside the house that was proberly why you failed first time around, that wiring was not suitable to carrie BB. So if you need extension in the house get Eircom to install this or do it your self with suitable wiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Well, im typing this reply over my broadband connection.....but when i go to the Eircom site and check my phone line i am told my line fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

mbroaders wrote:
    Well, im typing this reply over my broadband connection.....but when i go to the Eircom site and check my phone line i am told my line fails.

that answers my question so.. i run a little risk of my line failing between now and three weeks time. Anyone know what time of the month or how often eircom test the lines.

@Optikus It probably was the extension chord i removed but i still can't be certain. However the chord was for a telephone not my modem so i don't need to replace it. I just threw in a shorter one for the phone..

Thanks lads.

Advertisement