Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andromeda

• 10-10-2000 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

purple - kinky biggrin.gif

Anybody see this last night? Looks a bit naff but all sci-fi programs do for the first half season. Looks like it could remain crap though. Apart from the fact that the main character is the guy who plays Hercules, it looks like typical American patriotic bull****.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I didnt think it was that bad, well it could have been a whole lot worse. Not the best pilot episode tho, way too short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I cringed when the captain asked for more power but the engineer just couldne do it. Unless he....

Still i know ill be watching it cos theres not alot else to watch. Apart from Stargate which is one of the most fun sci fi shows in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

can you say:

"Mighty Morphin Power Rangers"?

i'm sorry, but the fact that the supposed androids had skintight latex visible between their panels just screamed the above.....

tee hee hee, i can't stop giggling.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    purple - kinky biggrin.gif

Anybody see this last night? Looks a bit naff but all sci-fi programs do for the first half season. Looks like it could remain crap though. Apart from the fact that the main character is the guy who plays Hercules, it looks like typical American patriotic bull****.
    Yep - it looked crap. Liked the line "he was standing there like some kind of greek god or something".

I'll watch it a few more times, but I'd say there is finally a captian sh1ter than Janeway.

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's Hercules in space. Though the effects are quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

so ye are the people that make shows like that one stay on tv . come on stop watching and maby well get ds9 back . on another note look at all the symbols we now have to use ye smile.gif :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

yer, was sh1te.
    Must say the 3d was very nice tho.
    execpt for 1 shot they stuck in, they must have *cough* forgotton to move both da ships or da camera, looked like it could have been done in bleedin flash smile.gif
    and 1 of the best ship designs i've ever seen. Very nice indeed.
    Shame about the rest of it biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

^--Raygun from commander keen !!

Anyways it reminds me of Simbad the sailor - that crappy american thing whith the guy out of sliders. I don't know why he would stoop so low, but after watching Andromeda last night there are muppets doing alot worse !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Come-on, it's not set out to be Shakespeare just a diverting park-your-brain hour.
    BTW tonight's Stargate was the best so far in the current series, the pair playing golf in the control room, classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Stargate has gotten really good this season. Excellent effects and better storylines. The new (or old) Gate ships are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

When I saw "Andromeda" as the name of this thread I though "Andromeda Strain".
    I am sadly dissappointed. I really liked that film - good story line, kinda crappy looking, but good story line

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 11-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

worsed program ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

yea- stargate was class last night. I hate blindingly obiovious romances like that tho

Advertisement