Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
  • 02-10-2004 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

What are people doing for Halloween
    I was reminded of it cause there were bangers going off around my camogie match today and there were bangers going off near my house last week

my and my friends were gonna <<do random halloween stuff and NOT make stupid accusations and comments like that about people - mmkay?>>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'm having a real loner Halloween. I'll rent about 6 horror movies :eek: and have a mini-marathon. Who cares about school the next day when you've got Michael Myres, Chucky, Freddy Krugar, Jason and Pinhead all partying down (and killing) in your sitting room? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

You have school the next day?!
    Ha Ha i'm off cause i go to a holy school and its all Saints Day on the 1st and i have no school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What??

Thats not fair!

Hang on....I'm in a CBS...

*goes to have word with principal*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I go to a holy school too and we don't get a day off. Crap!! :mad: Plus we're probably going to have a mass in school since it's a day of obligation. Double Crap!!!! :mad: :mad:

MWAH HA HA

I was laughing at people on my camogie team cause soem of them had school as well

We were hoping to get the day of for Mercy Day(no,i never heard of it before either) on the 24th of September cause i go to a mercy sister school.
    But we didn't. we had a 'quiz' instead and got 10min off class. 1st years won being the enthusiasctic little people they are cause they read the posters on the walls about Catherine McAuley.I didn't know there were any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Its more fun when you have school the next day. From now on, if you havent heard of it, the 1st is HAPPY HANGOVER DAY!!!!

Hah! My mom says going back on the 1st is ridiculous, so she's giving me a day off

\o/

Its more fun when you have school the next day. From now on, if you havent heard of it, the 1st is HAPPY HANGOVER DAY!!!!
    i'd never put 'fun' and 'school' in the same sentence unless it was something negative like 'school is never fun'
    unless you have an alcoholic and former drug addict doing you school retreat.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

My school gets the 1st off too, but we're a Loreto, so you'd guess. This year is going to be my first time to celebrate halloween since i was... six. I've got a whole load of fireworks, but haven't quite decided what to do.

school isnt that bad. C'mon, you chose to do a summer school course, you cant hate it that much. Anyway, in school, you cant say you dont have a laugh. if i measure the time i spend laughing my head off up to the time i spend bored, or in class not liking it, it'd probably be about 40:60, which makes it grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

I think I may be going to your house, Aonghus... I have a feeling I told your mom I would a long time ago. Only if I get Monday off though. Hopefully my school is holy enough to give us the day to ourselves. Its called Holy Child for gods sake, they bloody well better...

My school gets the 1st off too, but we're a Loreto, so you'd guess. This year is going to be my first time to celebrate halloween since i was... six. I've got a whole load of fireworks, but haven't quite decided what to do.
    Which Loreto are you in?
    i haven't celebrated Halloween in ages cause i was in Barcelona last year, York the year before. I'm going to Venice and Florence this mid-term but i'll be back on the 30th and some of my friends are coming over to my gaf for Halloween cause its my birthday(hint,hint-PM me and i'll give anyone my address to send me lavish gifts)on the 25th but i'll be away.
    . Hopefully my school is holy enough to give us the day to ourselves. Its called Holy Child for gods sake, they bloody well better...
    i played hockey against a school called Holy Child before. is yours near the sea?
    we didn't know the name of the school at the time so we were very confused when our coach kept shouting out :"Mark that Holy Child!"

Also, Kev, C'mon, the masses? they're ****in hilarious. you cant say you dont enjoy laughing at Caso's 'peace and harmony' speeches.

I think I may be going to your house, Aonghus... I have a feeling I told your mom I would a long time ago. Only if I get Monday off though. Hopefully my school is holy enough to give us the day to ourselves. Its called Holy Child for gods sake, they bloody well better...
    Yea, I think we're expecting you Ali

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh, "Whores by the Shore".

Oooh, Ooooh, I know! Stop discussing illegal actities on a public forum!

he could live in the north. Or any other place in the world that fireworks are legal.

Heh, "Whores by the Shore".
    My school is known as 'whores on the Hill'
    (or Scanta Maria cause my schools is spelt Sancta Maria)

We're Belvequeer. well, noone calls us that, and i came up with it on the first day, but its still accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Raphael wrote:
    Oooh, Ooooh, I know! Stop discussing illegal actities on a public forum!
    Oooh, Ooooh, I know! Stop tellin ppl what to do!

• Advertisement

pinkpimp wrote:
    We're Belvequeer. well, noone calls us that, and i came up with it on the first day, but its still accurate.
    A girls school near me(not giving the name though) is known as 'Noses up knickers down'

lads, give it a rest. So many spammed up threads.
    *sulks off, grumbling about young 'uns these days*
    *'had to walk fiftaan miles to school, thirty back... uphill both ways ect'*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

HALLOWEEN!!!! So, hmmmm, what to do?? Down to creation I think for a bit of a dance and a bit of a session........ sounds good

speaking/writing about Halloween. there are loads of bangers going off near my gaf. i can hear them now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i dunno where to get them now tho, the local dodgy market was closed down earlier in the year. They're still goin off the odd time around the place tho

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

lol, im already invited to a halloween party... but i dont think im gonna go cuz its kinda weird to have it planned so far in advance... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What an odd reason not to go to a party...

As for me, as far as I know my orchestra is doing some kind of thinger sometime around halloween so I'll be doing that. Fun... (although we get to dress up, which may be interesting)

ColHol wrote:
    Oooh, Ooooh, I know! Stop tellin ppl what to do!
    Spammy as this forum is Holligan, I don't really want to it shut down. And talking about drugs, underage drinking and fireworks is likely to cause legal issues for boards, and if they get legal problems, this forum goes bai bai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

It's a bit erly for fireworks and d easiest way to get them is go up the north, coz they aren't the best in Moore St. etc. and they will try rip u off

• Advertisement

so that we can use them responsibly in countrys that fireworks are legal (hint hint lads)

Advertisement