Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Our school doesn't really have a name (as far as I know- care to put me right on that Ana?) But we have a rep. Noses/ Collars up knickers down, Is that a School beginning with M and Ending in Anville?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The two girls schools in my area are known as "Whores on the hill" and "Virgin megastores"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The hell? I thought Virgin Megastores was the name for my place (for some reason), but... uh, I don't think you live anywhere near me Raphael.

The only name for Muckross I know of is the people being "Muckers", but that ain't really proper...

Skangers everywhere don't tend to be that ingenuitive.....they probably reuse the same names around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

pinkpimp wrote:
    We're Belvequeer. well, noone calls us that, and i came up with it on the first day, but its still accurate.
    My school is known as the Gimpstitute. By people jealous of us, naturally (or so we were told on the first day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

We're known as the Marys Fairies. Oh the derrogation of it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Just out of curiosity, have any of you actually been called this by someone not in your school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

for halloween i have the choice of going to either or a party.
    i havent decided which as of yet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

My school is lovingly known as Holy Kip by the charming young ladies at Manor Farm...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Weird, there's a girl's school in Drogheda also nicknamed Virgin Megastores.

One good thing (or bad thing if you're socially responsible) about living in the Border Counties is that there is no shortage of fireworks :rolleyes:

Nothing planned for hallowe'en... as of yet :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

nah we don't have much of a nick name (although i've heard the old 'collars up knickers down!' being hurled at various people in our school at times.

somebody tell me what to dress up as (and please don't say 'a self-obsessed dismissive bitch', because i've heard it already), this is the first halloween where i've no clue wha to dress as!

i'll only be just back from italy and i have a feeling i might have work experience the next day but yes, i'll be celebrating halloween alright

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Mucker Fúckers! Thats the name I was trying to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Raphael wrote:
    What??

Thats not fair!

Hang on....I'm in a CBS...

*goes to have word with principal*

CBS? isnt that in lucan?

Here's my Halloween plan so far:
    Dress up as a kinki fairy, go to bonfire, go get free sweets at random places, go to party, go carol-singing, have people sleep over then get up at 10 the next morning and go to school.

oh yeah and possible bring 3 yr old niece out trick-or-treating

Catholic Boys School, Rozabeez. There are many of them.

Catholic Boys School, Rozabeez. There are many of them.

*smiles stupidly* i know people in the one in lucan....i think...god im so confused. did someone say they go to that school near phoenix pk?

Actually its Christian Brothers. And yes, there are a lot of them. As was implied by A CBS

*feels intimidated yet again* damnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

nah we don't have much of a nick name (although i've heard the old 'collars up knickers down!' being hurled at various people in our school at times.

somebody tell me what to dress up as (and please don't say 'a self-obsessed dismissive bitch', because i've heard it already), this is the first halloween where i've no clue wha to dress as!

i'll only be just back from italy and i have a feeling i might have work experience the next day but yes, i'll be celebrating halloween alright

Dress as a hooker, and hang around leeson st. that'd be a fun night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭davethetrucker

a drug dealer all you gota do is go to egar bever buy a trench coat selo-tape bags of flour and herbs to the inside of your coat look shady and were sunglasses oh and dont for get to avoid garda.

i did it last year, was rather funney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Our school doesn't really have a name (as far as I know- care to put me right on that Ana?) But we have a rep. Noses/ Collars up knickers down, Is that a School beginning with M and Ending in Anville?
    No. Mount Anville are known as Mountees or so girls from there on my hockey team have told me.
    Just out of curiosity, have any of you actually been called this by someone not in your school?
    I was an umpire at a camogie match and a few guys from the opposition's school started shouting stuff like "look at those scangers from Scanta Maria" and "look at the f*ckiong whores from the Hill. lets bate them with the flag etc. etc. but nothing bad against the school. some of my friends go there

Yeah, last year a bunch of Blackrock guys spraypainted "Marys are Fairies" on the front wall of our school. Needless to say, our guys retaliated with the all-too-obvious retort. You'd think people from a school with a name as rhyme-friendly as Blackrock would think twice about doing something so hostile yet non-offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

be careful, apparently they will rock you fock you anyway they want to. or something

Lol, time to turn up my colar to ward off their swarms of sad, kind of funny actually, anti-Marys insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Strange to think that a group of seemingly 'talented' youths can go from the topic of one of the most child friendly wonderous holidays Halloween ie.free sweets(!), staying out all night, dressing up in mad costumes, making as much noise as one feels required. to discussing dirty names for their schools...

And that would be the amazing talent we've all been looking for for so long! Topicchanging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

I know it's one of our greatest talents!! hello! You've talked to me you know the way i have a 'pogo-stick train of thought'! I was simply noticing that this was an interesting topic change!! cha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Actually Sancta Maria is also known as "the Coombe" and "that place ur one tried to burn down"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I dunno if our school has a nickname, but people tend to yell ''SMURF!!!'' and ''BLUEBERRIES!'' at you if you walk around in the uniform.

Which is bright blue. If that was not clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Do you go to teresians? well i used to and we got called smurfs aswell- that awful awful track suit. ugh

Advertisement