Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I also don't care. And I highly doubt that anyone does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

You seem extra bitter lately Aonghus, gach rud ceart go leor?

Stress. Idiots. Loneliness. And all that jazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Where the gin is cold, but the piannas hot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

It's ok shiney, i care! honestly. U can all tell me ur problems and ill listen!

meh yea stupid Sunday Halloween! but im fairly sure i get the monday off for some reason or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

monday 1st off anyway, my school is a loreto, so we get all those holy days off.

wtf is a loretto? Gooooo public schools!I think and hope i have that day off after Halloween!

loreto nuns used to run it, it is a public school though

Unless you're in a religious school Forde, you won't have it off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Im not in a religious school, i have it off, explain that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Beaufort Loreto is near me. there are a few people there i have issues with. but some are sound. the people form beaufort in my hockey club think we 'ruined their club' etc.
    most people don't know it (i only found out last year) Sancta Maria (my school) is a 'private non-fee paying school' don't ask me how it works i just know that it is

ColHol wrote:
    Im not in a religious school, i have it off, explain that one?

does it really matter? you have the day off and thats good enough, no explanations are required.

Did your teachers tell you why you have it off? I don't attend your school, why would I be capable of explaining how it is run. If you want to know, ask someone tomorrow

Rofl. Hooray for religious holidays. Thank Christ

and for sports, getting to miss classes just to sit on the sideline for about an hour (in my case) Buiochas le Dia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hmph, obviously my school isn't religious enough to give us the day off. I reckon if it's religious enough for there to be a catholic mission statement on the front cover and inside of our journal, and for us to have to pray at every class, and to have stupid masses involving the ingestion of that.. stuff, then we should get some perks!

*bitter*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

...and to have stupid masses involving the ingestion of that.. stuff

You mean the cardboard? Gotta love that cardboard...

Oh yeah. It doesn't leave an awful aftertaste that is curiously pukelike at ALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

My school isn't religous, so we don't have the day off. :( but we are working on it. My friend is writing a letter to try to get the principal to change it, but somehow i don't think it will work. Damn! why do we have a priest all the time in assembly if we don't get the holy days off to celebrate the lord or whatever?!

Oh yeah. It doesn't leave an awful aftertaste that is curiously pukelike at ALL.
    When I was making my First Holy Communion (in me big white dress that i nearly tripped over) a girl in my class puked on the communion. Not a pretty sight. She NEVER eaten anything that's healthy her whole life and is a TOTAL bitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

you people and your religious schools......DAMN YOU....
    i have to pull myself together on the 1th to make it through a contact day.........arrrgggggg.
    but go friday and saturday.
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Whats a contact day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Shiney wrote:
    Beaufort Loreto is near me. there are a few people there i have issues with. but some are sound. the people form beaufort in my hockey club think we 'ruined their club' etc.
    most people don't know it (i only found out last year) Sancta Maria (my school) is a 'private non-fee paying school' don't ask me how it works i just know that it is
    My school is the same 'private non-fee paying school', wierd i know,even our vice principal was saying how weird/stupid it is.
    Ya well my stupid school is joined ONTO a convent, we've a chapel upstaris the sisters are always knocking around the place AND our principal is an ex-nun...we still don't have the Monday 1stoff :mad:
    But mwahahahaha I had today off so a big Howdy to all those people who'd to go to school today.And I've got Monday off.
    Matches do indeed also rock i'd a hockey one yesterday, a basketball one tomorrow... Ah life's great when your continuously missing classes for ,this is the best part, legitimate reasons :D
    However we should still be allowed Monday the first off as well God damit:(

PS- You know how people talk of things having a pukelike taste, is it just me or are most people more distracted by their wretching and being violently sick then the actual taste ofthe vomit?
    PPS- wonder would puke taste different being eaten, than when it's coming up the other way....

Ya well my stupid school is joined ONTO a convent, we've a chapel upstaris the sisters are always knocking around the place AND our principal is an ex-nun...we still don't have the Monday 1stoff

Our ex-principal was a nun but she left after a total of 36 years in the school (24approx. as principal).

My religion teacher Sr. Mary left because she got a scholarship to the Holy Land (seriously)
    And our new RE teacher Mr McCartney is incredibly annoying

There's no teaching nuns in our school. Just Sr. Doreen (the ex-prostitute and calls me Laura just like my french teacher) who is the school chaplin and Sr. Mabulus aka 'Fabulous Mabulus'. She taught in the school years ago.
    She's a bit eccentric.She supervises some classes but otherwise wanders aimlessly around the corridors. She taught my old spanish teacher(who is now retired) when she was a teacher she let her religion class watch Ireland soccer matches and she cheered louder than anybody else. If another teacher came along she switch on a religion video
    The convent adjacent to my school is now for refugees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

well, my principal WAS a nun... until she met the choir teacher... she left the convent.

PS- You know how people talk of things having a pukelike taste, is it just me or are most people more distracted by their wretching and being violently sick then the actual taste ofthe vomit?
    It leaves a horrible aftertaste. And also if you get that whole "about to be sick" but never being sick, you get the taste as well. Nasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Whats a contact day

sounds kinky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

oh i wish it was that. then i would look froward to mondays
    but alas no
    a contact day is when i have every single classs.....8 classes
    the other four days of the week i have four classes a day swiching off which ones i have
    example i have english monday, tuesday, and thursday and i have history monday, wednesday and friday
    on contact days each class is about 40 min long. the rest of the time they'er 75 min
    yes boys and girls it's the beauty of the block system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

That's not so bad. I've got 9 40 min. classes in a row 4 days a week and I don't think too many people have it any better.

• Advertisement

Having classes 75 minutes long must be torture... I can barely get through 40 minutes of most of my classes.

Advertisement