Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

That's not so bad. I've got 9 40 min. classes in a row 4 days a week and I don't think too many people have it any better.

however, one of those people who does have it better is me.

mondays to thursdays - 9am - 215pm
    fridays 9am - 1220pm.

maharr.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thursdays 2-5 (2-3 for the next few weeks)
    Fridays 10-1

heeheehee, i heart college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

however, one of those people who does have it better is me.

mondays to thursdays - 9am - 215pm
    fridays 9am - 1220pm.

maharr.

You get off at 2:15?! You lucky *****!! Damn you Muckross!!! DAMMMNNNNNN YYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yes indeed, damn us. I HATE doubles with a passion. Escpecially on Mondays when I have double Science and then double German. Could be much worse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I LOVE doubles. Today I had double maths, double Applied maths and double Physics. YAAAY!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I have double Business last thing every thursday... It's 80 minutes of pure torture... she makes us jog on the spot if anyone yawns...

Double art though, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

We hve two double science classes a week.

Today Simone in my class tried to persuade our new RE teacher to teach us Sex Ed but he wouldn't

What's wrong with Science? Setting stuff on fi- I mean learning how the world works is fun...

Last year on monday I had double Irish, English and French... I think my school hates my class/year/everyone.

There's nothing wrong with Science but there is so much crap to be learnt on the Junior Cert course and it can can be so goddamn boring, like today I spent the whole double texting while the techer went on and on about density or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Dear lord, texting through Science?! *falls over* I ADORE Science. Huzzah for double Biology and double Chemistry!
    I think the cruelest thing in the world is Tuesdays - I have double RELIGION. Its mind-numbing, 2 of our Religion teachers think we're about 5 years old and are so slef-righteous and condescending. Grrrrrr. And we do nothing at all worthwhile. Or vaguely religious. They had a speaker in talking about migration the other day.

• Advertisement

We tried to get our religion teacher to let us read the Da Vinci Code as a novel but he said it was too blasphemous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

pinkpimp wrote:
    I LOVE doubles. Today I had double maths, double Applied maths and double Physics. YAAAY!!!! :D
    Damn.....thats 2 hours of heaven...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Tuesday: Get up at 7am, classes start at 9.30, through to 16.30. Waste some time studying, change into uniform, go to barracks. Be shouted at for knowing too much for 2 hours, get home around 23.30

Wednesday: Get up at 6am (note time between getting home on Tuesday and getting up), classes start at 8.30, through to 17.30. Stumble home, barely managing to stay awake on the DART.

I would kill for religion classes

Also, I'm fairly sure that making students jog on the spot if anyone yawns is illegal, unless it's PE class, of course.

The only double class i like is double Spanish first thing Monday morning because you can sleep through it and (in my case) do all the homework you forgot/couldn't be bothered to do

Monday:leave for school at 8:25
    sleep/do homework through spanish
    camogie training at lunch :(
    fitness training for hockey after school
    slowly wander home

Tuesday:go to school
    run home to get to piano at 4

Wednesday:hockey training at 3:45 (have to endure bitchy coach) :(
    camogie training (with my club) in the evening :mad:

Thursday: get off school at 3, 3:15, 3:20, 3:25 (it varies)

Friday: teachers give up trying to teach on Fridays :D

Saturday: have to get up at 8:30 :mad: for club camogie training or a match at midday(which we always loose) :rolleyes:

Sunday:have to get up at 8:30 for school (!) hockey training :mad:
    club hockey training 2-4 :D (club training is usually fun cept for some bitchy girls who go to private schools)
    do homework at 10 :eek:

Also, I'm fairly sure that making students jog on the spot if anyone yawns is illegal, unless it's PE class, of course.
    I think my Business teacher could probably take on anyone who challenged her...

Tuesday for me is the best. Computers, Double Art, Maths, CSPE, tapework in Irish, Religion, etcetera...

In my religion class we just do our homework and sometimes watch movies, which have really vague connections to religious matters. We were watching About A Boy the other day because it has single mothers in it, and Honey because... well, I haven't a clue, to be honest.
    We watched the start of Veronica Guerin a while back (class only 40 minutes long), and I'm pretty sure that's 18s...

My Irish/History teacher doesn't give acrap what he does or says
    Everytime he walks into the classroom it goes quiet

He has an imaginery friend called Finbarr who is famous in the school and my teacher is always late beacuse he walks around going "finbarr. Finbarr where are you?" finbarr's birthday is on Christmas and he sailed with Colubus and had tea with George Washington

His imaginery friend John comes on Wednesday and Séan during Irish class

Yesterday in irish he started calling for his 'friend'' Malcom who is Finbarr's cousin

He's really weird and if somebody says "Oh My God" he'll say "no just McGabhann"

also bangs his head off walls and doors
    opens doors and slams them for no reason
    shouts "BANG BANG" in Irish
    Sings
    sometimes he comes in 20 minutes late gives us 3 long questions and leaves
    it his phone rings he answers it, shouts "SHUT UP" at the person on the other end, hangs up and plays with his phone for 10 minutes
    If he's reading about the British in History he'll read with a (bad) english accent. Same with Americans ,Australians etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Most of that stuff I find very hard to believe but if it's true then I love this guy!

It's all true
    I have him 8 times a week
    He picks on me in irish for no reason

There's a picture in the corridor of hima few years ago with longer hair and looks remarkably like a grumpy Father Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Our old religion teacher was a senile nun that would bark at us in a very random manner. Then there was your one from Limerick who would alternate between glaring at us and bursting into tears for no apparent reason.
    As for pointless video watching, we watched Pearl Harbour and Chocolat in religion in third year. Although we were hardly complaining about the Johnny Depp/chocolate combination that is Chocolat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

My religion teacher told me I was going to hell and also bluntly told me that my parents did a terrible job raising me in front of the class.

We also had a nun who brought her guitar to class and a teacher who tried to teach us French through Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

We watched the start of Veronica Guerin a while back (class only 40 minutes long), and I'm pretty sure that's 18s...

It's 15's because of it's 'educational value'.

snuffles wrote:

We also had a nun who brought her guitar to class and a teacher who tried to teach us French through Irish...

My french teacher tried to help us learn french by comparing verbs to shaking a rattle and riding a horse
    He also had his 3rd nervous breakdown in our class this term, yesterday

I hate religion class cos we actually have to work cos its on the Junior Cert course :(. We watched this video about st. Paul and it had an exorcism which was hilarious because the 'special effects' were terrible.

I hate religion class cos we actually have to work cos its on the Junior Cert course :(
    I am unbelievably happy I don't have religion as an exam subject. I'd be even more bitter and angry if I did, and that's probably not possible!
    It's 15's because of it's 'educational value'.
    Still, twas in 2nd year and only one person in the class was 15.
    A bit rich from a school who won't even let us use public transport and therefore we have to pay about 5 or more euro when going anyway...

How can they not let you use public transport? Do they make you take a school bus or something? Can they do that?

If we're going on a school trip, or if my choir is going on a frequent trip to the RDS or wherever, they ALWAYS rent a coach, which costs an arm and a leg. So we have to pay a lot. For example, my english class are going to see Romeo and Juliet with the other English class, and it's 12.50. It'd probably be half that if we could just take the bus.

I think they're too paranoid to let us use public transport.

Of course we can use it getting to and from school, they don't have any control of us once we leave the gates, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

We watched The Doors and American history x in religion. I love our new teacher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

pinkpimp wrote:
    We watched The Doors and American history x in religion. I love our new teacher!!

You lucky lucky child you. The best we got is Battle Royale. But we didn't get to see the very ending. It was quite annoying. We also watched the first two lion king movies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i love american history x. but no way would we ever get to watch anything remotely like that. ever. especially not in religion class.

Advertisement