Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To the people who send karma/reputation

• 02-10-2004 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

if you dont like me fine i could not give two flying fu<ks as this is only the internet and real life exists however at least leave a name you fu<king cowards lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

To people who care about reputation points... relax, it's only the internet. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

NotMe wrote:
    To people who care about reputation points... relax, it's only the internet. :rolleyes:

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

dendenz wrote:
    ditto

Thanks... here have some reputation. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Skin up and chill out FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If you didn't care, why the hell bother with this thread? I've no problem telling you that this thread is downright idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

sob leave me alone stop giving me bad rep boo hoo

(secretly give me good rep and feel srry for me)

/homer "in case you didnt notice i was being sarcastic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

This is not just a cheap stunt to get positive rep points....

Puss-in-Boots_01.jpg

Aww, weemcd... did the wikkle baby get bad karma? Oh wah wah wah.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

daveirl wrote:
    Same as the rest of us: trying to avoid being fleeced in the pub/offie/cinema/restaurant.

Oh and obviously trying to avoid -rep too: with threads like his "Drugs...shot" one, this is probably not a worthy pastime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

daveirl wrote:

Recovering from the Friday night ( dont drink ten pints of Erdinger), packing for holidays and obviously surfing the net you dave, you would'nt by any chance doing the same thing ? ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

****ing assmasters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Someone posted in another thread that if you type vbulletin and karma into google that boards.ie is the top response.

some people here are taking this karma bull**** too seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

dendenz wrote:
    if you dont like me fine i could not give two flying fu<ks as this is only the internet and real life exists however at least leave a name you fu<king cowards lol

Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL Fu<king LOL

Thanks for the negative Karma dendenz, you whingebag muppet. I find it funny you'd whinge about annonymous bad rep donations and whine about how you don't care about it, yet you blatantly give me anon bad rep? Nice one!

At least, I'd like to think it's you. In fact, I'm blaming you for any future bad rep I get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Someone posted in another thread that if you type vbulletin and karma into google that boards.ie is the top response.
    Actually it's the second highest on
    google. However vbulletin and reputation gives the no.1 result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

dendenz wrote:
    Putting "lol" at the end of a string of abuse does not make it lighthearted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I wonder if there's a group of boardies out there who have got together and give themselves positive rep points at every opportunity?
    Like...
    Boardsie 1: "You're great, here, have a rep point".
    Boardsie 2: "Thanks mate, and your great as well. Here, have a rep point".
    Boardsie 1: "Aw, you're too kind. Here have a point"
    Boardsie 2: "Wow thanks! It's peeps like you which make this world great, have a point"...
    and so on, and on.

btw, I think yer all great. Yes, YOU! You're brilliant!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Quick, lock this thread before AMP gets wind of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Just a question ive noticed these reputation things in my message area? how are they judged and stuff? and how do you give someone bad karma etc?

They sound a bit stupid tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

dendenz wrote:
    Its not so much a case of not liking you, I don't even know you.
    You got bad rep because you posted a pile of shìte.

I am Man - To give someone reputation, go to the post which you want to comment on & click the scales beside the green 'online' light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

PH01 wrote:
    I wonder if there's a group of boardies out there who have got together and give themselves positive rep points at every opportunity?
    Like...
    Boardsie 1: "You're great, here, have a rep point".
    Boardsie 2: "Thanks mate, and your great as well. Here, have a rep point".
    Boardsie 1: "Aw, you're too kind. Here have a point"
    Boardsie 2: "Wow thanks! It's peeps like you which make this world great, have a point"...
    and so on, and on.

btw, I think yer all great. Yes, YOU! You're brilliant!!! ;)
    heh nah ya can't, you get a message saying you have to spread some more reputation around before giving to ****** again.

Noone able to answer my question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I am MAN wrote:
    Just a question ive noticed these reputation things in my message area? how are they judged and stuff? and how do you give someone bad karma etc?

They sound a bit stupid tbh.

1. They are judged by your fellow baords posters.
    2. Do you see the series of icons at the bottom left of each post? Click the scales, that will allow you to give postitve/negative rep as yous ee fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Gurgle wrote:
    I am Man - To give someone reputation, go to the post which you want to comment on & click the scales beside the green 'online' light.

You got an answer :)

Personally I think this sort of thing should be disabled

1) its extremely nerdy
    2) It holds no valuable purpose
    3) Its just gonna start a load of stupid whining.

azezil wrote:
    heh nah ya can't, you get a message saying you have to spread some more reputation around before giving to ****** again.
    Ya, I saw that. But how about this? You get a few mates together, give them good rep points in turn. That should get around it, surely?
    Do this and one could get even more popular than you Azezil. ;)

• Advertisement

I am MAN wrote:
    Personally I think this sort of thing should be disabled

1) its extremely nerdy
    2) It holds no valuable purpose
    3) Its just gonna start a load of stupid whining.
    You're right on all three, but it's fun (well sometimes)!

And then you get someone who gives you a minus Rep point and comment like...
    no, but there are a few who think starting another bloody rep thread deserves -rep...
    ...and then doesn't sign their name to that comment. Yes, there are some people who are taking this Rep stuff all too seriously.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I did a Googlr for karma & Vbulletin and got the following .. may be true ..may not ..Interesting bout the admins though !!!!

So Only positve karma for me please .....

Is the Karma system enabled? : Yes
    (Users on the vBulletin web site can now spread around karma)
    Can I hide my Karma points? : No
    (Sorry, everybody is equal on our site, hiding behind a rock isn't an option)
    Default Karma : 10
    (Every member on our web site starts with 10 karma points)
    Number of Karma ratings to display : 10
    (If you receive Karma points from other members, up to 10 will be listed in the home of your user control panel. It will also display your total amount of Karma points)
    Administrator's Karma Power : 100
    (This setting is the number of Karma points that an administrator gives or takes with each karma click)
    Do I get Karma for being on-line/registered? : 30
    (For every 30 number of days, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Do I get Karma for posting? : 200
    (For every 200 number of posts, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Do I get Karma for having Karma? : 300
    (For every 300 points of Karma, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Does my Karma count? (posts) : 50
    (This setting is the number of posts that you must have before your Karma-hits count towards other's Karma points)
    Does my Karma count? (general) : 10 (You must have more then 10 Karma points before your Karma hits count on others)
    Daily Karma clicks limit : 10
    (This is the number of Karma clicks that you may give over any 24 hour period. Administrators are exempt from this limit)
    Karma user spread : 10
    (This setting is the number of different users that a person must give Karma to before they can hit the same person again. Administrators are exempt from this limit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

made this a week or so ago, and was waiting for an excuse to use it.
    badrep.jpg

Now I got bad rep with the (anon) comment "your a wanker"! :rolleyes:
    Hmmm, lets see...
    Who could that be...
    Who did I send signed bad karma to recently ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon
    the come and gooooooooo, the come and goooooooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

dendenz your sig states "OH YES I KNOW I AM A COMPLETE **** BEFORE ANYONE FEELS THE NEED TO POINT IT OUT "…

…I’m afraid, if you like it or not, some people are pointing it out to you!

• Advertisement

monument wrote:
    dendenz your sig states "OH YES I KNOW I AM A COMPLETE **** BEFORE ANYONE FEELS THE NEED TO POINT IT OUT "…

…I’m afraid, if you like it or not, some people are pointing it out to you!
    He has finally gone red. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

everyone, give me good karma NOW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

Aggghhh...I meant PLEASE!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

repuwhat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

on the plus side now the reputation givers name will accompany every positive or negative point given :) should be interesting..

• Advertisement

Have a look at your User CP, you can now see 'who' has posted you those negative rep points! Let the revenge begin! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Interesting to see the reaction to the karma point system on vbulletin, I had seen it before on other message boards, but nobody had really been bothered by it (as it was very rarely used). It was only recently that I noticed that anybody had bothered giving me karma points at all, was checking something in my subbed list one night when I saw the karma thing at all. As has been pointed out already in this thread (and probably in at LEAST five other threads on boards too) This is the internet, why are you all taking it so seriously "Oh no I got some bad karma - it's the end of the world!!!" It's just a silly bit of fun people*....

*/me waits to see how much karma - good or bad will come from this post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

merc wrote:
    Im starting to detest the line "its only the internet"

Seriously.

Guilty your honour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

If we were able to cash in karma points at the boards beers , and get free beers, then i'd possibly care about karma points :)

Advertisement