Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xp home ed problem

Options
  • 02-10-2004 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a 36Gig raptor and installed windows XP home on it, trouble is it keeps corrupting this folder or file (windows/system32/config/system), this is the 7th reinstall in 3 days .

on the system i have 4 hd

80gig IDE master

160gig IDE slave

36gig raptor SATA

200gig SATA

all HD drive a functional, I can read an write from all of them. And for some reason it just starts corrupting this file (windows/system32/config/system).

not a virus, worm, Trojan, spyware e.t.c, cos the disk was completely formatted and the other disks were scanned with BitDefender 8 which is completely up to date.

No Raid set up yet.

I have tried to figure out what’s causing this by doing the exact same things that made it crash before but it always happens under different circumstances.

Sometimes the install might last 10-12 hours other times it might last only 1 hour.

i have scanned the disk but it showed no errors.

Help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats is very similar to what happend to me when I had my HDD and GPU plugged in on the same line from my old crappy power supply. I would reinstall windows, it would run perfect for a day, then the next day a system file was corrupt. Try unplugging all your other HDD and give the raptor a line on its own.

Advertisement