Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Concert/Gig You've Been To?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And that infamous Black Sabbath gig in 1983 where Ian Gillan split his trousers :D > Absolutely ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Mixie wrote:
    (alphabetical order :D)

Interpol in the Scala, London
    Killers in the Forum, London
    Kings Of Leon in the TBMC, Dublin
    Powderfinger in the Olympia, Dublin
    Snow Patrol in the Ambassador, Dublin

[Off Topic]

*Hiss*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Shrimp wrote:
    Bob Dylan - The Point

I hope you're not referring to that last time he was at the Point when he had laryngitis? That had to be one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. Dylan was piss poor that night and the band seemed to just play by numbers. When he played Kilkenny a couple of years ago, now that was a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I saw Sonic Youth in the Top Hat (Purty Loft) in Dun Laoghaire in 1991. Supported by Nirvana, a few months before 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' was released.

Don't like Nirvana but that sounds like a legend gig to go to. Sonic Youth haven't been the May West in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

metallica in august 2003. Was Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

John2 wrote:
    Don't like Nirvana but that sounds like a legend gig to go to. Sonic Youth haven't been the May West in recent years.

I know what you mean but, Sonic Youth are really good (on their bad day) and it isn't often you get to say to Nirvana fans, "Yeah, I remember when they were a support band..."

What Sonic Youth tour was it? Was Daydream Nation out then or were they still "indie"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 deceptacon

Morrissey at the Point. I have the man's sleeve. Morrissey's. His sleeve. *cries to self*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Gonzo wrote:

1989 - Iron Maiden suported by Wolfsbane, Point Debut, - Dublin

i think this was 1990. was it the time when they threatened to walk off stage cos of all the gobbin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Megadeth/Pantera@Point
    Alice In Chains@SFX
    Faith No More/L7@ Point
    Korn@SFX
    Type O Negative@SFX
    Alice Cooper@ Point/Wembley/NEC
    Ween@Ambassador

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

sum 41/ 2002
    inme/2002

Queens of the Stone Age @ Slane
    Foo Fighters @ Slane
    Mogwai @ The Point
    Manic Street Preachers @ Witness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Queens of the Stone Age @ Slane
    Foo Fighters @ Slane
    Mogwai @ The Point
    Manic Street Preachers @ Witness
    Queens were piss poor at Slane compared to the Ambassador gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Ozzfest 2001....first concert I was at!!
    Korn @ RDS 2002...believe it or not a friend and I really went to see Puddle of Mudd, what a joke they were....Korn were far better
    Metallica @ RDS 2003....first time I saw Metallica...pity about the rest

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Queens were piss poor at Slane compared to the Ambassador gig.

I wouldn't say that, I thought the sound wasn't the best at the ambassador, I couldn't hear Nick's bass at all for most it (even during the two bass solo bits in No One Knows).

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Most memorable gig was Donington 95.I was 16, and it was my first moshing experience and the bill wasn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Smashing Pumpkins last gig in Ireland for their Machina Tour Nov 2000, cant believe it was 4 years ago..... :(

If you have to go dont say goodbye, if you have to go dont you cry, if you have to go i will get by, i will follow you and see you on the other side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fade to black

METALLICA june 25th 2004 still get chills listenin to it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Foo's at the point will always stick with me but MEtallica last summer was fantastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement