Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stew

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I liked it, made me laugh a few ole times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Paul Tylak - the most grotesque person (in both appearance and behaviour) to ever be on television.

:eek: :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Stew is absloute sh1te. :mad:

Another example of 'quality' comedy by RTÉ. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Paul Tylak - the most grotesque person (in both appearance and behaviour) to ever be on television.

:eek: :( :eek:

brilliant. Someone else who sees the light. What a horrible lump of a man. That could be forgiven if he was funny, but he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't know!!!

I like the Dublin Woman!

A goooooo on! give him a gooo!

The election campaign I was smiling at.

The singing guy in the old folks home is also kind of funny, well the patients are. I don't know if its PC to laugh at the incapaciated!!!!????? but I think their laughing too.

However I cann't say anything else thats good about this show.

Lets not mention the Fr. Ted connection. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I think RTE have really let them selves down with this. What a load of chessy stupid crappy comedy. What have mondays nights on RTE2 come too.....?:(

Wow, this topic is very disheartening. And I wondered why they didn't bring out a DVD of series 1 at Christmas.

Well, I personally love this show. The catchphrases are great ("typically Irish. Now, if this was...", "Why don't you just go and live with the bloody...", "Ah go on, give him a go", "sure, the same thing happened in Tullamore last week" etc :D ) And sketches like the junkie politicians and the students have me in stitches. Sure, I'm probably gonna get blasted for admitting this, but that's how I am! It's the best comedy I've ever seen on RTE anyway.

And I honestly believe that if it was English, it'd be huge. (haha... Typically Irish. If this was England now, it'd be top of the airwaves. The queen would be quoting it to her manservants and David Beckham would be licking Paul Woodfull's shoes. Typical...)

It's better than Little Britain in that it's a LOT less repetitive. They have a lot more one-off sketches, whereas in Little Britain, you know exactly who's going to be next with their same jokes.

All the characters are real too...the FM104 breakfast crew, the moany neighbour, the nosy woman looking out her window... And the touch of the surreal in the magic handiman fella is just great.

Well, I can't be standing here all day. SOME of us have work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

ITS JUST NOT FUNNY!!

Whoever classed it as a comedy series should be slapped!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

brian_boru wrote:
    ITS JUST NOT FUNNY!!

Amen to that. Those radio presenting duo are terrible - it wasn't funny the first time, why would it be funny the 50th? And what's the whole thing about those people who stretch out their words? The 'joke' is buried so deep there, it's impossible to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

In an absolutely horrifying twist the idiots who make this show have managed to make it even worse than the first series. One of the worst things rte have ever had a hand in and thats saying something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

i watched this last night there were a couple of laughs especially the bit with the politician and the three junkies and also the "ah gwan give him a go will ya" character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

Amen to that. Those radio presenting duo are terrible - it wasn't funny the first time, why would it be funny the 50th? And what's the whole thing about those people who stretch out their words? The 'joke' is buried so deep there, it's impossible to find.

Somebody has to clue them in, god it probably would have been slightly funny 10 years ago. I am amazed at the crap that RTE waste money on. Fair City and Stew is just proof of good money wasted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I hate the way things come down to money.

I think RTE have actually produced some good comedies over the past five years or so. You get one bad one and everyone is down on them like a tone of bricks.

Lets not mention the Fr. Ted Connection :)

I think you had to have watched a few episodes to get into the humour and understand the characters.

The guys who stretch their words, whoever asked, are stoner students. That's the way they talk. And the joke is yerman trying to fit in so badly but he hasn't got a clue how to. (even though there's technically no rule as to what words to stretch to *fit in*)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

for those of you who insist on watching this utter tripe, are you in 4 channel land and have no choice but to watch the muck RTE produce or do you insist on watching everything RTE produce out of some misplaced sense of patriotism? I cannot understand how anyone can watch this show. I get the impression that some people on here are so used to watching RTE crap that they are desensitised to it's utter crapness and don't actually realise just how bad it is.

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote:
    for those of you who insist on watching this utter tripe, are you in 4 channel land and have no choice but to watch the muck RTE produce or do you insist on watching everything RTE produce out of some misplaced sense of patriotism? I cannot understand how anyone can watch this show. I get the impression that some people on here are so used to watching RTE crap that they are desensitised to it's utter crapness and don't actually realise just how bad it is.

It's the only programme I watch on RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damoxxx

Then ur sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

sharkman wrote:
    I had to switch over it was that bad ..The worst thing I've EVER seen on tv .

Yeah, its really poor, not funny at all. There can one or two cheap laughs but to be honest that hardly warrants sitting through 30 minutes of what is generally speaking a terrible, terrible sketch show.

Damoxxx wrote:
    Then ur sad

hahaha, cool!

At least I spell "your" the way it's meant to be and I don't have "xxx" in my username. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

At least I spell "your" the way it's meant to be

Em, shouldn't that be "you're"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I hate stew with a passion. :mad:

Seen about 2 minutes of it last night - I wish I hadn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Managed to be in the unfortunate situation of being in the same room as a telly with this on it for a few minutes last night. Still rubbish and I hope to god Im never in the situation to give it another chance.

Anima wrote:
    Em, shouldn't that be "you're"...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

It's not to bad considering RTE's history of Sh1t commedy. Having said that the format is about 15 years old and is a clear rip-off a Fast Show type of format. So ultimately I'd say it's crap.

Advertisement