Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed bath tap & shower fitting?

Options
  • 03-10-2004 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I have one of those bath tap fittings that has a shower fitting on it. Where you pull up or down to direct the water through the shower or not. Its rubbish. I've never seen one of these push pull fittings that worked well.

Whats a better type of fitting for this use? Something with a more postive action would be better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shower pump? You should be able to get one with surface piping, so you won't have rip out half your tiling. Wiring might be more complicated as it's the one thing you really want away from the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sorry I didn't explain that well. Its just a hose attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

check out the Triton T40i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The T40 looks interesting but I'm really only looking for a bath tap/shower hose fitting. Theres already an electric shower in the house. I would like to fit another one in the house, but I can't afford that at the moment.

So where can I get a good bath tap/shower hose/tap fitting?
    Whats better than the pull push type?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

The ones that have a valve in the middle that turns left for the bath taps and turns right to send the water to the shower hose work much better than those push/pull type ones.

Should get one of these in B8Q or similar although a builders supplier might be cheaper,

http://www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/ are a popular brand for all things bathroom and fixture and fittings but there are others too.

If you go to this page this is the type of bath tap i am talking about.
    http://www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/?CLASS=Folder&DBID=f2de73bb41464da30c99e5f2de353605

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Furp wrote:
    The ones that have a valve in the middle that turns left for the bath taps and turns right to send the water to the shower hose work much better than those push/pull type ones.
    QUOTE]
    In my mind they all go pear shaped after a while. We have one of those that turns left or right and when you select the shower head, some water still comes through the mixer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sugartri

Just fitted the triton t40i. Its making a noise like its running but the light isnt coming on and its having no effect on the water? HELP!!!

Advertisement