Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Republicans Climate Of Fear

Options
  • 03-10-2004 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Clever stuff!

'Terrist...terrist...terrrrist..."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

link doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Workin fine for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Great stuff... I heard the word terrorist so many times there it lost all meaning.... just a noise... :eek:

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭wheels of ire

I'm talking about 'Out Foxed' which is a documentary about Rupert Murdoch's war on Journalism.. I bought it on DVD from the makers for US$9.95, and it cost more to ship it!
    It's pretty jaw-dropping stuff. Highly recommended.
    I have no connection with the makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I see that George Soros has been branded a left-winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hobbes wrote:
    link doesn't work.

hobbes try right clicking over the link and select "save target as"

this ran in quicktime so you might need that

I heard september 11th so often i had to recheck the calander to see what month I was in.

and the bit about al the horrible things that these terrists were doing to us.

sadam sadam sadam sadam sadam sadam sadam sadam sadam hussein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."

Hermann Goering, Nazi Reichsmarshall and Luftwaffe-Chief, during the Nuremberg trials

If I didn't know better I'd think that Bush and Bin Laden were in cahoots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

the republicans may use fear, but the democrats use dead bodies:
    Then there was Clinton's bombing of Sudan and Afghanistan in order to distract the electorate from news of his affair with Monica Lewisnsky. Which he followed up on the eve of his impeachment vote by ordering a massive bombing raid on Iraq, spuriously claiming that this was because the Iraqis were not co-operating with the weapons inspectors. And Bush bashers are getting upset just because Republicans cry wolf with the terror warning every few months? Isn't a little bit of fear far better than the use of bombs to distract the electorate? Really, which you would you prefer, high blood pressure or dead bodies? At least there's a cure for high blood pressure.

http://www.siglamag.com/features/0410/BushBashing.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Which is exactly why voting for Kerry will make little difference. Oh, except for Kerry's likelihood to depend on the CIA more.

The good thing about the Bush is that he's as bad at lying as a bold six year old.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Then there was Clinton's bombing of Sudan and Afghanistan in order to distract the electorate from news of his affair with Monica Lewisnsky.

Strange, I was just talking to someone about an hour ago about that same thing, but the other way around - Clinton's time in office is remembered more for a dull non-story about an affair than for all the bombing campaigns carried out during his reign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

We're certainly living in interesting times. This state of fear has 'McCarthyism' stamped all over it. Watch out for the show trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

daveirl wrote:

Albeit a rather useless and deadly response.
    Same deal with Operation Desert Fox. Saddam kicked out the inspectors just before the attacks so unless you think Clinton told Saddam to do that your assertion doesn't stick

Nope. Inspectors were never kicked out (now whose spouting Republican propoganda? :). The were pulled out ahead of Operation Desert Fox.
    There were possible CIA amongst the inspectors as well.

http://www.siglamag.com/features/0410/BushBashing.php

Because..ya know....Bush didn't order ANY bombings...now has he?

DadaKopf wrote:
    Which is exactly why voting for Kerry will make little difference. Oh, except for Kerry's likelihood to depend on the CIA more.

You should hear the shrill tongue lashings I get from ABB'ers for saying that I'm going to vote for Nader, not to mention what you stated above.

Heh.. man thought people stopped using that excuse.

He didn't just turn around and order bombings to detract from Monica. That was already on the cards, and it was only the republican press that were shouting that out.
    Nope. Inspectors were never kicked out (now whose spouting Republican propoganda? . The were pulled out ahead of Operation Desert Fox.

Only time Inspectors (to my knowledge) were kicked out was because the said inspectors were spies placed by the US+UK.

Hobbes wrote:
    Only time Inspectors (to my knowledge) were kicked out was because the said inspectors were spies placed by the US+UK.

Even so they weren't kicked out. Saddam stopped cooperating.

Found a different link..

http://www.democrats.org/news/200410010006.html

Faces of Frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

What's with the groovy Austin Powers 60's bachelor pad party music?

Advertisement