Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool to re-sign Owen for next summer?

• 03-10-2004 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Well even by the standards of modern football the return of Owen to Liverpool might set a record. Benitez has not ruled it out.

So here's my prediction. Owen will be re-signed in January and will move back in May as Pool sell Cisse/Baros/a.n.other to Real.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

In that scenario it would be Baros out (meaning we'd still be short on firepower) - he was the least bothered about Owen leaving and has expressed interest in Spain, Cisse on the other hand was excited about a partnership with Owen before he arrived. Also at this stage we'd probably get a better return on investment from Baros at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

FIFA rules state the same cant player cant be transferred twice in one year. So owen can be bought in Jan but he will not be allowded to play till next August so i cant see it happening.

Owen changed his mind about the transfer wat the last minute but Benitez told him he had to go.

Make up your owen mind about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Can't see it happening so soon, I reckon Owen's got a bit too much pride to jack it in without a fight.

I'd still have him over Baros though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Owen has lost the pace that made hime the player he was. In a years time he will be even slower. Unless they are getting him on the cheap I dont think they will take him back. I cant see Real wanting either Baros or Cisse either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

irishgeo wrote:

Make up your owen mind about it.

Groan...I debated whether to -rep ya, but I'm in a good mood today... ;)
    PiE wrote:
    Can't see it happening so soon, I reckon Owen's got a bit too much pride to jack it in without a fight.

I don't think he'll have a choice TBH, it looks like he is wayyyy down the pecking order at Real.

He's like the ginger-haired step child of the Bernebau.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Way down the pecking order?

Behind Ronaldo, Morientes and Raul (not always used as an out and out striker)?

One injury/suspension is all it really takes, either that or he will have to prove himself if/when he gets substitute time. According to the official RMCF website, Ronaldo is injured tonight, so IMO he's likely to get a run-out of some sort. But then Morientes is also fresh, having also sat out the Roma game.

I was basing my comments on reports I saw earlier in the week suggesting Guti was considered as ahead of Owen for a place in the team. Can't remember where I saw it, if I can I'll post a link.

That would surprise me, as Guti is a midfielder, very rarely plays in an attacking role. At least under the last few managers. But then by the time people reslise Real Madrid have a new manager, he'll already have Beckham at centre-half and Ronaldo in goal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Owen starts tonight. I think its a bit premature to be calling time on his Madrid career.

He's starting tonight against Deportivo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Depo win 1-0 and Owen subbed for Morientes after 52 mins.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

mike65 wrote:
    Depo win 1-0 and Owen subbed for Morientes after 52 mins.

Doesn't bode well for Mickey.

[/obvious]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I can't see Real letting him go for anything less than the 8million they paid for him, even if they're not playing him. Cisse and Baros look rather stale at times, a new striker is essential. If only Fowler hadn't gone to the dogs, I'd welcome him back with open arms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3712554.stm

Apparently it was an injury that forced him off.

If results keep their current trend Garcia Remon could be the first out the door, leaving the whole thing even more in the air than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As a Liverpool fan, I hope that Michael Owen never wears the jersey again. He's injury prone, past his best and gave the fans the run around with regards to his new contract for the best part of a year.

Anyway, isn't Benitez supposed to be making a move for Mista in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

For Liverpool's sake I hope they don't bring him back.
    For Barcelona's sake I hope Real Madrid keep him. :)

Advertisement