Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blade Trinity trailer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Looks very good indeed! I'll definetly be looking farward to seeing it. I wonder how David S. Goyer has coped with the directing duties? I liked Stephen Norrington and Guillermo Del Toro's respective versions of Blade, so this should be interesting especially as (I think anyway) this is Goyer's first time in the director's chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Judging by the trailer (which is really long for some reason) using a lot of daylight which is against the trend of the dark underworld of the 1st 2.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Just watched the first one the other night on tv and even after seeing it so many time's its still great.

Can't wait for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

God I love that Matrix music :)

• Advertisement

Watched it a few times last week and it blew me away. I really enjoy Blade 1 and 2 and I have a feeling that Blade trinity could turn out to be the best one yet.

Its David Goyers second film as director. His first ZizZag is a film Ive been searching for, for a while. It looks very good.

Right you are so Darko, I didn't know about ZigZag, thought this was Goyers first.

I'd be wary about saying that Blade 3 could turn out to be the best, as although the trailer does indeed look very good, it could still suck big-time. I mean, I remember thinking the Underworld trailer looked amazing, yet how wrong I was... Still, I'm hopefull that the film will kick ass as much as the previous ones.

I have a habit of stating that films are going to rock, only to have my dreams smashed by their acutual awfulness. I also remember thinking Underworld looked amazing.

These things happen... Unfortunatly.

At the same time, Blade 2 did get a horrible slating by a lot of people, yet I still enjoyed a lot.
    I remain optimistic.

A lot of my friends despise Blade 2, but I really enjoy it. Its a totally differant film to the first, far more action driven. I firmly believe that Del Toro wanted to try something differant after The Devils Backbone (One of the best horror films of all time, but I know you know that already). I believe that Trinity is going to rock. Its got a good review at bloody-disgusting.com.

• Advertisement

One of the things I enjoyed about Blade 2 was Luke Goss as the main baddie. Had such a filthy herion addict style, really nasty peice of work altogether. Much better than Stephen Dorf's stuck up spoiled brat, I thought.

I know what you mean. Dorf portrayed deacon Frost as some spoilt rich kid whose daddy wouldnt buy him a porsch. I have to admit that Goss was excellant, he was mean, menacing and moody. Since seeing him in Blade 2 I have written a screenplay basing one of my bad guys on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

God I love that Matrix music :)
    i'm surprised that they got away with using clubbed to death tbh (especially in a trailer that features BULLET TIME)

looks good though

I know what you mean. Dorf portrayed deacon Frost as some spoilt rich kid whose daddy wouldnt buy him a porsch.

I think that's basically Dorf in every film he's been in, and I don't think it's an act either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Its a totally differant film to the first, far more action driven.
    I really didnt like Blade 2 the first time I watched it, watched it again after seeing the trailer for Trinity and have come to the conclusion that its probably a better film than Blade but a worse action movie. There was just something about the camera work and choreography in the fight scenes that didnt do it for me. - Certainly nothing even half as good as the nightclub scene in Blade.
    Hopefully Trinity will have the story, atmos and feel of B2 with the action scenes of Blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Looks pretty good.
    Dunno about the sidekicks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Oh No !!
    The first film was a classic.A very good action film with a good story.
    The second was one was rubbish.
    Blade is a one man team .
    I see this one he is in a team againn.
    Looks disastrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Looks like this film could be either very good, or very very very bad. Wont really be able to tell until its released though, when is it released anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

December in US according to the page above.
    Dunno about here.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

oh come on there is no way it will come close to being as good as blade 1 or even 2. it has none of the edge that the original had. Looks to me like are just rehashing the whole thing and spending loads of money on the costumes and special effects but the story line looks crap, some super vampire. I know its based on a comic but they could have gone with a more gritty vampire versus humans struggle with a few humans fighting to protect the rest of us but instead they made an entire film that will basically come down to blade getting his ass kicked by a super vamp for 15 minutes and then somhow managing to come back and kill him in some explosion of blood.

Go on admit it, you can all see its going to happen. it will be a great special effects film but i dont think it will come near the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Just found this in the Trivia opf the film on IMDB

An early idea by Goyer for the film was to be set many years after the events of the last film, where vampires finally had achieved world domination and enslaved all humans, with Blade being the last hope for humanity. Blade's slower aging could be explained by his vampire blood. The storyline was deemed too dark and was later dropped.

Now IMHO that would have been a better film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Kai wrote:
    blade getting his ass kicked by a super vamp for 15 minutes and then somhow managing to come back and kill him in some explosion of blood.
    Thats what the last 2 have been about why should the third be any different?
    Judging from the trailer (which I have seen at the UGC) theres some kind of egyptian connection. Probably some egyptian vampire god type storyline.

And since I have seen the trailer and they generally come out a few months before the release - I reckon it could be December over here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Is that Thriple H I spy in the breakout scene?
    th.jpg

That makes me a little bit dubious but hey, as long as it's remotely as good as the first one I'll be happy.
    The review makes it sound okay but:
    Jessica Biel is quiet, and loves to fight while listening to music on her iPod.
    Made me cock an eyebrow. Sounds like a bad fanboys script and:
    It was kind of a "cop-out" ending,
    God help us all. The first ending wasn't bad, but the second one had a terrible ending imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

tman wrote:
    i'm surprised that they got away with using clubbed to death tbh (especially in a trailer that features BULLET TIME)

Blade 1 had bullet time, remember Frost was holding the little girl hostage in the park and he dodged the bullet? That was pre-matrix.

Clubbed to death is overused tbvfh.

Advertisement