Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSP and JasperException

Options
  • 03-10-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi

Im having trouble with JSP at the moment and I would appreciate any help anyone here can give me. I have a jsp page that accesses a class I use to query a database, and Im getting really annoying errors and I cant figure out why !

Ill post up my code and the errors im getting. The attached zip file has all the code im using. Theres 2 files, dbWrapper.class is used as a go between for my database and the jsp page, and beantest tries to access the database.

This is the error that Im getting:>>

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.mdal.dbWrapper.executeQuery(Ljava/lang/String;)V

::>>

Theres alot more but I wont put it up because its too long to go on this page. It doesnt make any sense anyway. Anyone who has seen and solved this if they could help me it would be great. Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Your jsp file makes a call to the executeQuery method on your dbWrapper class. But there is NO method called executeQuery, there is a queryDatabase method, maybe you mean to call this one. Tomcat is complaining it cant find the method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Lynchie thanks for the reply. I did find this error that I made and i still get the same problem. I even changed the queryDatabase method, which takes a string as an argument and returns a string, to getInfo(String command).

I still get the same trouble. like this

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.mdal.dbWrapper.getInfo(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

please can anyone help me here. i have no idea why this is happening. tomcat is brutal at giving info on errors, and the log files i have checked give the same error messages, which i cant understand. i tested the dbWrapper class itself on its own and it runs fine, just not with tomcat. come on one of you here ,must be familiar with this. no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Can you post the full stack trace in a zip file? It should give you the root cause somewhere in the stack trace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Advertisement