Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember when DFTG was worth watching?

• 19-10-2000 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

New season of "Don't Feed the Gondolas" ? Utter sh|te, bud. Kinda strange, but it's nothing without Moncrieff and Monica Loolly. And Christ, Brendan O'Connor- what an **** you've become. Get out of that presenters chair now!... and stop milking that crap taxi joke.

Anyone any opinions?

bard.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yeh, i thought it was the best Irish thing on tele untill they changed the format, then it became just a mass masturbation thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well yes, my opinion is that it is ****e, as I'm sure everyone believes. Brendan just isn't as funny as moncrieff. Moncrieff would always do the business, and there was always a laugh to be had, but on Monday I didn't laugh once. Oh wait... I did laugh once but it was remembering the name of the town in podge and rodge, ****ov tehe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Saw the first episode and said "never again."

Kevin McAleer - he's a very funny guy, but not an improv man - he's standup.
    Brendan - I think he's funny in his own way, but not presenter material. He's more of a "insert an very witty inuendo here" type guy who I think was perfect as ateam captain.
    Who's the other guy? I can't remember. says a lot I suppose.
    And there wasn't sight nor sign of Monica anywhere! Maybe she's moved to Caltra and they haven't got the phone in yet...

The first 2 series were the best and nothing's gonna change that.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

It was always a crap piece of mass mastrubation.

there is nothing worse than watching stupid people being arrogant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

o for last year when we would leave the pub in are drunken states to go home and watch it . now its more along the lines of " is there anything else on ??? "
    just get the bleached tosser out of the main chair and bring back the old croud come on it has to get better and the one that was on was utter crap like whois that american tosser ?

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

This series is utter rubbish, the last was a slight improvement. The series before that was good though, when it was still in the quiz show format. I've watched it once this series, never again, because it was rubbish AND Channel 4 has a (nearly always) good film on at 10 on a monday night smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I miss Daire O Brien. Probably because he looks like me:
    mikethumb.jpg

Photo Shop Fun smile.gif

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oscar

It was never really worth watching apart from Monica Looly (sp?) at the end. Seán Moncrieff was the funniest thing on it and the team leaders looked like they were trying really really hard to be funny. It will always be a poor-man's "Have I got news for you" even with the new format.

Advertisement