Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United V Boro

• 03-10-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

United one down at home to a Greening goal on 33 minutes.

Keane is already booked too, wonder what the odds are on him getting sent off, must check Sky Bet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

United one down at home to a Greening goal on 33 minutes.

But he plays for West brom ?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ahh downing.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dang! Smith Scores

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You should see me here, I'm cheering to the opta minute by minute index :)
    Why isn't this game being shown anywhere?

It'd be a good game to watch like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where do the refs find all the added time when Man Utd play?

Mike.

• Advertisement

Sounds like United weer really pushing for it at the end, I don't think its a bad result tbh, I wouldn't consider it points dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

points dropped allright but at least we didnt lose and battled back again. 1 defeat in 12 games now, (unbeaten in 10).

if this was last year wed have lost this game, sam with a few others. i'll take draws as we always get too few of them every year.

hopefully the side will settle down now in terms of starting 11 and we can get a bit of understanding and communication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is this the reality or pure bull****?

"Man Utd have dropped too many points to win the league"

I can see Arsenal winning it again. Unless Utd beat Arsenal twice and Chelsea, I can not see them winning it.

Its now a 9 point gap.
    Anyone who thinks that is uncatchable has obviously never watched the premiership for an entire season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Considering the all players we were missing it was a very good result for middlesbrough - away from home and after two 1-0 defeats in the past two premiership games. We have a great record against Man Utd and its a bit of a shame we culdnt hang on for the win - Mendieta apparently had a great chance to make it 2-0 but skyed it. Still good result for us, good result for UTD (we normally beat them a OT :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

O'Shea was supposedly the worst player on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does not surprise me. He is a piece of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

It took 70mins for Utd to get a shot on goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Draws at home are not good enough. I woulld not write off Utds chances just yet but we need to put in a winning run soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

A trend of drawing away games, if you are winning most of your home ones, is good enough to get a team into Europe. For United though, it has to be 2 points dropped, depending on whether they aim to finish in the top 3, or win the league. Chelsea beat Boro away, United can't do it at home.

Of course United fans will say that they are better in the second half of the season, and that they have endured painful Septembers, Octobers, and Novembers before. But it will be no use for United if they improve, and Arsenal and Chelsea don't disimprove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

PHB wrote:
    You should see me here, I'm cheering to the opta minute by minute index :)
    Why isn't this game being shown anywhere?

It'd be a good game to watch like
    they were showing it in my local in laois they had it on some french channel or something i doubt too many pubs did it because the way it was aquired was semi-legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

PHB wrote:
    Its now a 9 point gap.
    Anyone who thinks that is uncatchable has obviously never watched the premiership for an entire season

True but when you're two biggest rivals for the title have started the season unbeaten and one hasn't lost in 48 games , while the other has made the best defensive start for a Premiership club (Chelsea have only conceaded 1 goal in 8 games) ,then 9 points can be quite a lot .

I think if United are to have any chance of winning the league they will have to take points off Chelsea and Arsenal in the 3 games they have to play between the two .

A loss for United in they're next game and they're title challenge could very well be over .(they play Arsenal after that , so theres a good chance they could drop more points)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

smuckers wrote:
    It took 70mins for Utd to get a shot on goal.
    Interesting. You must not have seen Ruud's effort cleared off the line by some last gasp defending, with the score at 0-0. Since Boro scored after 33 mins, I'd think we certainly did have a shot on goal before 70 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I watched the game last night and I though United Played well enough but Boros defence was excellent. Having seen the game I am not as disappointed as I was beforehand as I feel United performances are improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

The Muppet wrote:
    I watched the game last night and I though United Played well enough but Boros defence was excellent. Having seen the game I am not as disappointed as I was beforehand as I feel United performances are improving.
    I don't think we created all that much though to be honest. It's really a pity that Gary couldn't have put away either of those chances - a win would have been a bit harsh on Boro, from what I saw, but it really would have boosted the confidence and kept the momentum going - 3 on the bounce would have been nice, especially when not playing particularly well. I thought despite the fact Rooney looked shattered, he and Ron linked quite well. Bodes well for the future. Boro certainly had a well organised defence - don't they always against us though! I was delighted for Smithy as I think he's been hard done by of late. He's been our best player so far this season imho, so was happy for him that he managed to score the goal. He certainly showed determination to get to that ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

The Muppet wrote:

Agreed. I watched it on football first last night and Southgate was fantastic, as he was at Old Trafford in the match last season.

The difference in the quality of squad between last season and this season is noticable. Last season v Boro we brought on Forlan and he missed an easy header to give United a point, this season we brought on Smith and he scored a cracking a header. We're still short of quality in the centre of midfield though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I watched the highlights last night and have to agree with dirkey_wynes comment on smith - he shows the level of commitment and agression that very few united players seem to have any more - with the exception of Heinze, Keane (to a lesser extent - he just doesnt seem to have the skill to back up the agression with), G.Neville and maybe Rooney (although he seems to have too much agression at times - and it seems to be focused on the opposition players rather than on winning the ball/scoring etc). I like smith as a player, he shows the guts and drive to succeed.

Advertisement